Solved

No network connected abroad

• 3 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi

My phone worked fine a few days ago in Germany but since arriving in Prague I cannot get my phone to connect to any network and therefore have no access to my data. I have data roaming enabled and have tried looking to manually enter my APN but the settings are not where suggested online. 
Any advice?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Nams94 4 November 2023, 13:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve got an iPhone @Nams94, the network profile provided by iD Mobile unfortunately omits access to the APN settings, for MOBILE DATA. 

Sometimes performing a NETWORK RESET will fix the issue though - the device user guide will usually explain how to do this.

🤞

Hiya

You are right - it is an iPhone.

The network reset worked for 20 minutes or so and then back to no phone signal let alone data again.

Thanks for trying to help though!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps one or more of iD Mobile’s Czech roaming partners have network faults, or don’t provide great coverage, although you’d kind of expect reasonable coverage in Prague itself.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Nams94 have you tried resetting again at all?

Can you please try to connect the phone to WiFi and then open Safari and head to http://www.unlockit.co.nz/

Tap Create APN Change the Country to UK Find iD in the list Scroll down and tap Create APN Tap Allow on the pop-up then Install in the top right corner.

Then restart and make sure Data Roaming is turned on and test.

Please let us know how you get on.

Hi! I actually ended up getting it to work by turning 5G off and it found signal and 4G no problem! Thanks though :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Nams94,

Glad to hear that it is resolved. 

Please get back in touch if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?