Solved

No one using a Vodafone mobile can contact me ( split service issue) ?

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I migrated from Vodafone to ID Mobile November 2021 & all has been fine until a few of days ago

No one using a Vodafone mobile number can contact my ID mobile number via ringing or texting. (Their attempts to ring me get passed directly to a Vodaphone answering machine).

All other networks work fine ( ID mobile, O2, EE -  all ok)

We’ve been in contact with Vodaphone yesterday who can not find any issue with my wife’s Vodafone service ( ….even though they also get the Vodafone answering machine when they try to ring my number which is on ID Mobile)

I’ve eliminated the following:-

• Restarted phones.
  • Swapped sim cards into a different ( unrelated) phone.
  • Tried both WiFi & cellular.
  • Got other people from other networks to contact me ( All Vodaphone users get immediately transferred to Vodafone voicemail for my number).
  • Also tried from a few miles away to eliminate any local / location based issues.
  • I can ring / text all other providers including Vodafone  - But Vodafone users can’t contact me.

Seems to be some kind of split service ?

Please can this be resolved asap ?

Regards

Chris

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 9 May 2022, 12:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I was in the office today and mentioned it to one of the Telephony guys ( their corporate mobiles are on Vodaphone and so he has better access to their technical support than the likes of myself).

The upshot is that in Vodafone’s words - 

“provider needs to speak to Vodafone to request the correct files so the number is ported out completely”

(The fact that everything has been working fine until a few days ago is besides the point)

Are these posts picked up and acted on by support or do I need to actually ring ?

Thanks

Regards

Chris

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Yea, definitely a split port!

iD Mobile need to raise a support ticket and once done, their porting team will liaise with Vodafone’s porting team and only then will it be resolved.

Quickest way to get this actioned would be to speak to an agent via iD Mobile’s live chat which can be accessed here. That being said, given the time frame and lack of knowledge on such matters they may be reluctant to do anything other than the usual “try your SIM in another phone etc” scripted responses. So, maybe drop iD Mobile a message on Facebook or Twitter with a link back to this post?

Userlevel 1

@WelshPaul 

Thanks for getting back to me & that’s exactly what I’ve done :-)

I included a link to this post during the agent conversation which seemed to bypass having to restart my phone etc  - Upshot is that a ticket has been raised and will be picked up ( and hope fully resolved) within a 24 - 48 hour time frame.

Thanks again :-)

Chris

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Split ports normally take up to 72 hours to resolve. Given that it’s Vodafone that iD Mobile have to deal with in order to resolve this, expect it to take three days. Good Luck! 🤞 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Chris Brandon, if this hasn’t been resolved by Thursday, feel free to drop us a line here, or contact the FacebookTwitter or Live Chat teams.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

And I thought iD and Vodafone had a business partnership as announced June 2021 - maybe not for technical matters 😥

Userlevel 1

It’s working !

( It wasn’t at 7am this morning but when re-tested at 5pm - People with Vodafone numbers can now ring me !

Thanks all 😀

Chris

Why iD Mobile?