Question

NO SERVICE WHEN INSTERTING SIM CARD AND PHONE NUMBER NOT REGCONISED

• 19 October 2023
  • 8 replies

I signed a contract today and received my ID sim card. Inserted the sim card to my phone, and NO SERVICE. Tried everything including switch on/off, airplane mode, clean the sim, use another device, check coverage, manual selection of provider etc, nothing worked!!

It is exhausted because I already requested my PAC from my previous provider and they will charge me per day.

Also went to ID app to register my account, phone number not recognised.

Went to ID web page to switch phone number, entered all correct information and it kept saying Error- Issue with the information you provided. Jesus!!

Are they going to reimburse me the bill that I have to pay my old provider until the switch is completed???

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is your handset network locked @Kelly Phan? 

Does the iD SIM work in another handset? If not the SIM might be faulty.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kelly Phan,

Welcome to the Community!

If you could please try what @andewhite has advised and get back to us here, we can advise further.

Kash

I have the same problem. Tried everything. Changed sim card from currys and still no service. Please help, i have been on chat million times and they not resolving it, just offered me 20£ discount but i am still unable to use service. 

I tried my wife sim card from id network and its working fine.. i also tried my sim in few handsets and few locations- nothing! 

Please help im getting mad here 😒 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @KotekMamrotek 

Has your replacement SIM card from Currys been activated?

If not, you’ll need to activate it at the following link;

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ja/web/cpw/sim-swap

If you do continue to have issues, please let us know.

Tom

Yes it has been activated and when im looking in app i can see correct sim card no as active

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @KotekMamrotek,

Are you able to manually select the iD Mobile network via your network settings?

It may be worth resetting your network settings first then giving it a go.

Kash

I have done that and still nothing. When im trying to dial it says "your service has not allowing access to this number" i have tried different number as well, still nothing :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @KotekMamrotek,

Not to worry.

I can see that we have sent you a PM and we will assist you further there.

We get back to you as soon as possible once you respond.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?