Solved

no welcome email

• 20 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

So I have the sim, no welcome email, yes I know the new number but I can't register or transfer my old number with my pac code. Super frustrating!!!!

icon

Best answer by Maeve2313 22 January 2023, 19:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Maeve2313,

Check your spam/junk folders as it sometimes filters into there.

Let us know if you are still having issues, we can get you the transaction number then.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohamned, thanks for replying. I should have said, yeah, checked the spam folder already. Nothing. The new sim arrived in the post (which is so slow here) a few days ago already. Still no welcome email !!! I cant register. It won't submit. Thanks in advance, Maeve

Userlevel 1

Hi, can anyone help,  i have the new sim, but no welcome email, (definitely not in spam folder) so no transaction number, I can't register my account ( won't submit) I know the new number but can't transfer my old number.  3 days since the new sim arrived and I'm no further forward. Any ideas anyone? How do I get a transaction number and register?

Userlevel 1

Ok, everyone, breaking news. After signing up to id mobile on January 15th, I have, today, Jan 22nd, managed to register the new SIM card with idmobile and, wait for it, I even submitted my porting request to keep my old number. I'm so happy!!! I tried MANY times on line, couldn't register (nothing happened when I hit submit) and I still never got that welcome email BUT PLEASE NOTE, in case this helps you!!! Today I downloaded the app instead of trying to register on line. And bingo. It worked. Just like that. AND as for the elusive transaction number,  which was supposedly in the missing welcome email...... I didn't need it !!! BUT also, I rumaged in the bin for the actual envelope the green card containing the SIM arrived in. And there above the name and address, yes, was the transaction number. Not in the envelope. On it. OK. Really hope that helps someone. Off to do another victory dance lap round the room. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ok, everyone, breaking news. After signing up to id mobile on January 15th, I have, today, Jan 22nd, managed to register the new SIM card with idmobile and, wait for it, I even submitted my porting request to keep my old number. I'm so happy!!! I tried MANY times on line, couldn't register (nothing happened when I hit submit) and I still never got that welcome email BUT PLEASE NOTE, in case this helps you!!! Today I downloaded the app instead of trying to register on line. And bingo. It worked. Just like that. AND as for the elusive transaction number,  which was supposedly in the missing welcome email...... I didn't need it !!! BUT also, I rumaged in the bin for the actual envelope the green card containing the SIM arrived in. And there above the name and address, yes, was the transaction number. Not in the envelope. On it. OK. Really hope that helps someone. Off to do another victory dance lap round the room. 

Hey @Maeve2313,

Sorry we were out of office over the weekend so weren’t able to reply but I’m glad to hear you got it sorted and do celebrate the small things in life!

You can indeed submit a request to keep your number without the trasnaction number and this is done by registering & logging in, then clicking:

My Services > Keep your number

As for not being able to submit, I have a feeling this was browser related as it may be out of date or an incompatible browser, hence the issues. I know Edge suffers from the problem of not being able to submit.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi, and thank you!!! I was using chrome. Up to date. So I don't think it was browser in this instance? But switching from trying straight on line to via the app worked for me. And I'd press the most helpful button if I could find it? 🤷‍♀️ I don't see it...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Maeve2313,

very odd indeed!

I’ve already marked your post as the most helpful so it won’t be showing now 😀

Your post should be pinned as the best answer.

Give us a shout if you need any further help.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?