Question

Non receipt of one time codes for a vulnerable customer

• 8 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I am no longer receiving one time codes when shopping online.  My building society have advised I need to speak with my telephone network provider, as the issue is showing that my telephone number isn’t registered with you, causing a network problem. As a result, you have received reports stating an ‘unknown subscriber’. 

They have also advised:  

For clarity, we’ve sent the appropriate data to your phone network, and if this was successful, they’d provide a delivery receipt to us, to confirm they’ve received this and sent the appropriate message to you. Your network provider has sent us a confirmation of a ‘no network assignment’ for your mobile number.

I have been dealing with Lauren via your Facebook page this week but the matter is still not resolved. Yesterday evening I was asked to duplicate the issues I have been experiencing and was asked 'Would you be able to request an OTP text, and then let us know the date and time that the request was sent? This is so that the team can track this.'

The issue is occurring with my credit card which is due to expire imminently and my new debit card, so as things stand, I am unable to pay for anything online that requires a one time code to pay. 

I am managing a physical disability and being able to shop online, particularly at this time of year is very important to me. Your document at
https://media.secure-mobiles.com/idmobile/documents/vulnerable-customer-policy-2020.pdf states you are there to support me but that has not been my experience this week. 

Please can you liaise with your social media team and advise why this issue is happening and find out the name of the team they are liaising with to get this resolved.

I have been a customer with you since October 2018 and you manage to bill me every month but currently when I need you, I am being advised I am not registered with you.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ToniLouisa 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Tom

Further to my earlier email, please see message below from Ocado regarding receipt of one time codes this week. 

Since these codes are not sent by Ocado and the verification page is owned by your card provider and not managed by ourselves, we wouldn't be able to action anything differently on our end. Nevertheless, I still want to help as much as I can. In the screenshots you provided I can see it says the OTP has been sent to ********6532, from looking at your account, I can see that the number you have provided us has a different last digit. I was wondering if this could be the root issue.

It would appear the telephone number that the one time codes are being sent to is incorrect and these have been being sent to someone else. The number advised above is not one that I recognise.

Please confirm you have my number as REMOVED which is the number I have been advising all week.  I have asked First Direct, my new bank, to ensure they have the correct number for me but this issue has also occurred with Nationwide, my old bank, who I have successfully been obtaining one time codes from very successfully until this week.

Please distribute this information to anyone who needs to know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @ToniLouisa,

We don’t control OTP codes being sent out ourselves so you’ll need to contact the company you are requesting the OTP Codes from and update the number accordingly.

If the verification is via your Bank as above, you’d speak to your Bank and update the number or setup OTP again with them.

If they have the wrong number, then this would be going to the wrong number, hence not being received.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?