Question

Not able to call my number. Error: "The number you have called is not recognized"

• 24 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

for at least 2 weeks I have the problem, that people can not call me. The get “The number you have called is not recognized. Please check the number and dial again."

I’ve been in the chat with iD several times. What we tried so far:

• new SIM card
  • use the new SIM card in another phone - same issue
  • use another SIM card in my phone - no problems
  • sending details of 2 calls to iD tech support - they came back that they need additional information, which means another hour for me in the chat

So, I was wondering if someone else had the same problem and how you solved it?

More details:

• iPhone XR, up to day OS
  • joined iD 1.5 years ago (so it’s not due to recently transferring my number)
  • making calls is no problem 
  • sending/receiving text is no problem
  • using mobile data is no problem
  • issue occurs in different locations (home, work, holiday), on 3G, 4G and with WiFi call enabled.

Any ideas before I jump onto another chat with the support team? 

Thanks. 

My settings (the phone numbers that try to call me are UK numbers, and I am in the UK):

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oh dear @eneri, sounds suspiciously like a network problem specific to your iD account. 

I feel your frustration, as I had a network issue whenever I called a specific customer services landline number, my call was disconnected after approx. 35 seconds.

Over a couple of months, iD arranged numerous time periods for me to make test calls, so their tech team could inspect the logs et cetera, but all to no avail.

This issue, coupled with a problem getting text and email alerts for my latest bill resulted in me switching to SMARTY.

Surprise, surprise, I can now call the specific customer services number - no problems.
Strange thing here is that SMARTY & iD are both MVNO companies on Three’s UK network - go figure?

Finally, I’d suggest using facebook (Messenger), or Twitter (DM), to deal with iD - as everything’s in one place, which seems easier than tracking loads of different chat transcripts.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Finally, I’d suggest using facebook (Messenger), or Twitter (DM), to deal with iD - as everything’s in one place, which seems easier than tracking loads of different chat transcripts.

Thanks, this was a great advice: I only had to do the verification once. Chatted to different people, but they were able to read through the conversation - so I did not have to explain everything. And there is no timeout like in the chat. @iD Mobile PLEASE make your chat more customer friendly, integrate it into the app, not just the website, maybe use some third-party provider like intercom … 

The final solution in my case was dialling "##002#" and pressing call - which reset any call forwarding. I’m not aware, that I set up any forwarding, but whatever - it works again!

Having a similar problem. Only people who can call me are on the three network. For everyone else it's "number not recognised". Waiting for ID Mobile to fix and now had to raise a complaint to try and get this resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @justphil100,

I can see that you have sent us a PM and we will get back to you shortly.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?