Question

Not receiving OTP messages

• 15 December 2021
  • 15 replies

URGENT

I just switched from Vodafone and I'm not getting important OTP text messages. I tried removing sim card, switching my phone on and off. Phone calls and ordinary txt messages appear to be okay. I have Apple iPhone 11. Thank you. 

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

I am having exactly the same issue and unable to get on to my santander bank app as unable to register my device. Same with amazon app. Tried restart, taking sim out etc. Google pixel 6 phone.

I am not getting one time passcodes from both my banking app and amazon. Tried removal of sim and reboot of phone. Moved across from Vodafone.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Howard Sharp,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I have seen similar posts on the O2 and Vodafone community forums... All recently ported networks. I wonder if it's part of the porting process and just takes longer to complete (24/48 hours)?

I have the same issue. I ported 5 days ago and my number is showing correctly in my Iphone Phone settings

Should be resolved when you get a private message from ID admin. Mines ok now . I suspect that a sim refresh does the trick. 

Thanks Howard, I will await their message

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ian Stirling ,

Can you try the following;

1) Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) then restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number)
5) then turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:"

Kash

Thanks Kash.

I already tried this, in my message I said that my number is correctly showing on phone. It is also correct on messages

Kash, what else can I do to fix?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Ian Stirling,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I am having the same issues mentioned here.

i have done the deactivate I message and out back on, then phone on and off for an hour etc. tried everything mentioned, it’s a brand new phone so i believe  the issue is with the network and not my i phone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I am having the same issues mentioned here.

i have done the deactivate I message and out back on, then phone on and off for an hour etc. tried everything mentioned, it’s a brand new phone so i believe  the issue is with the network and not my i phone.

Hello @Lj2022,

This issue seems to occur more frequently with number ports from Vodafone to iD, judging by posts to this forum.

Anyway, the “Not receiving OTP messages” post sounds like a similar problem, which @StuartGlu has solved by re-registering his mobile number with the senders. 

Good luck.

Hi @andewhite  Thanks for getting back to me 👍

I have tried what sorted @StuartGlu ’s issue out and I’m still unresolved. I’ve probably got 5-8 app’s/accounts I can’t access as they need an OTP code, HMRC, gmail, DPD, klarna, other banking apps. I have tried to raise the issue on live chat with ID but I haven’t really got anywhere with that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Lj2022,

Did the Live Chat Team raise this to our Tech Team for you?

Kash

Why iD Mobile?