Question

Not receiving security code on new ID SIM

• 13 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I just received the ID SIM and am trying to register online (and app) where it sends security code as text. I am not receiving the code, however, I do receive texts from my phone contacts on this number. Not sure what is going on. Chatted with the agent on live chat, and it seems everything is fine asked me to contact voice team with same information that i provided him- so basically redirecting without any progress.

Can someone help?

Many thanks,

Sol

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When I joined iD, they had a problem sending the security code for online registration.
It was taking +10-hours to arrive, but the code itself is only valid for 10 minutes or so maybe.

Anyway, I just kept trying over several days once or twice a day, until the security code was actually delivered in a timely manner. 

🍀

Userlevel 1

When I joined iD, they had a problem sending the security code for online registration.
It was taking +10-hours to arrive, but the code itself is only valid for 10 minutes or so maybe.

Anyway, I just kept trying over several days once or twice a day, until the security code was actually delivered in a timely manner. 

🍀

Thanks, @andewhite. Will try doing that. I even tried to port my current number on the web but it did not work despite all correct inputs- I get a message about an error. May be two issues are related.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Apparently iD Mobile are experiencing issues processing PAC submissions, which was mentioned by @Mohammed in a post in the following topic: 

Userlevel 1

@andewhite and @Mohamad : Thank you. So I phoned the number provided by the live chat agent, and it redirects to live chat. How helpful! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah, the live chat service is often a bit of lottery @solarpower03 - you don’t win or hit the jackpot. 

You should be able to privately submit your PAC via the iD social media customer support team using Facebook (Messenger), or Twitter (by DM).

The team work until 8pm weekdays (and 6pm at weekends).
🍀

Userlevel 1

@andewhite : Eventually received the security code by your strategy - thank you.

Why iD Mobile?