Question

Not receiving SMS verification code - have contacted ID customer service

• 16 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I joined ID Mobile a week ago and I am receiving SMS and one-time passwords from other companies, but not from Amazon, so I am unable to log in on my phone. I checked with Amazon and the messages are being sent from their end.

I spoke to IDMobile customer service and I am now stuck in a loop where every day I get a message saying 'we need to ask you for more information about the technical issue you raised with us' but when I contact Customer Service, they already have the information.

What else can I try? Thanks.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Gerbil,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with OTP’s.

If this has been raised with our Technical Team already we would need to wait for an update from them.

Please let us know if you would like us to check for any updates and we can PM you.

Kash

Hi Kash,

If you could check for any updates I would appreciate it. Every time I contact Customer Service, I get an SMS asking for the same information as I have already provided. There are other threads in the forum about this issue, but I haven't seen any solution.

Thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Do Amazon allow you to verify another way? 

Do Amazon have your mobile number setup with the +447 prefix?

Yes, they have the number set up with +447. The only other way to verify would be submitting identity documents, which I'd rather not have to do unless completely necessary.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gerbil 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?