Question

Not recieving phone calls or sms for 23 days

I joined id mobile on 2nd July and ported my old number on 6th July. 

Got connected to data but not receiving calls or sms. My professional life is completely disrupted as I am a doctor. Also can't do any financial transactions as two factor authentication needs otp by sms.

Multiple calls to live chat and even complaints have been ineffective. 

At end of my tether . How do I get it resolved

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Abhay Chopada,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you able to make calls and texts or are you having issues with sending and receiving?

Did the port complete successfully with your number porting to iD Mobile?

Please let us know and we can PM you to see what is going on or advise further.

Kash

No. For more than 10 days they just keep telling me that they are waiting for a file exchange from three.

My professional life is fully disrupted.

Even your complaints team has not bothered to contact despite assurance that this will be done in 24 -48 hours. Truly poor customer service

@Kash I can call out but cannot receive any calls. SMS neither can be sent nor received.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Even your complaints team has not bothered to contact despite assurance that this will be done in 24 -48 hours. Truly poor customer service

I believe you can telephone the iD complaints team on 0800 049 1300.

@andewhite @Kash I tried calling the compaints number but they canot recognise my mobile number. At a complete loss as to how to get this resolved. Please help

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Apparently they’ve got another number, which is 0800 049 2402 @Abhay Chopada.

Failing that, I’d suggest using Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM, to contact iD Mobile customer service.

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Abhay Chopada,

Thanks for clarifying the issue.

In an issue with the file exchange being delayed, this is usually the previous network or donor network not providing us with the files needed to complete the port.

It’s sadly something out of our control as there’s no shortfall on our end with completing the port since we haven’t been given the files.

Your old network need to send us the files so we can process this request and without it, it can leave you somewhat in limbo.

We would have chased this with Three UK who have escalated it to the relevant Teams to get the files but just have to wait for them to provide it before we can process.

Mohammed

I have been given the exact same response for 10 days now. Surely there has to be a way to resolve this rather than just pass the buck . Truly disappointed with id mobile. My life remains disrupted thanks to inefficiency on id mobiles part

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Abhay Chopada 

Unfortunately a file delay is not something we can just fix easily and quickly, we’re awaiting the previous network to send over the required files so the port can complete, apologies for the time this may be taking.

Tom

Spoke with O2 for over an hour. They are adamant that they ported everything correctly on 6th July itself. 

I can call out and am receiving data. Just cannot have incoming calls or texts. They have suggested that three should check if there is a bar to incoming calls or texts.

Not sure who is responsible for this whole mess but my life remains at standstill after 27 days 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @Abhay Chopada, I think the only ‘stick’ you’ve got is compensation for lengthy number transfer delay, and your time and effort spent trying to fix something, which should just work. 
🤞

Why iD Mobile?