Solved

Not registered on Network

Userlevel 1

After return to UK from EU, phone says "Not registered on Network".

Says "Emergency calls only"

Doesn’t send or receive texts or calls.

Had been working fine before visiting EU and while there for 2 weeks.

I’ve tried; closing down and re-starting; enabling Flight mode and returning to normal; enabling mobile data and turning it off;  enabling data roaming and turning it off; scanning for available networks and then selecting “3 UK”.

Network signal strength is 2 or 3 bars.

Device is Samsung Galaxy Ace S3 GT-S7275R, running Android 4.2.2.

I am reasonably IT literate having taught it till 5 years ago.

Advice please.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 11 April 2023, 16:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

31 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Andewhite.
Thanks for your prompt reply again.  It does indeed look like almost the end of the line.

What a shame ID Mobile Co cannot give as good customer service as you do!  You could teach them a thing or two about how to keep customers and gain customer loyalty.

Particular points to note, which you might wish to pass on to ID:-

1. Sudden un-notified withdrawal of service (by their un-announced abandonment of our model of phone).
  2. Tortuous access to any form of online help (unless you are accustomed to their system and website).
  3. Dismal level of understanding or assistance on the “Chat” system.
  4. Equally poor access to, and quality of help on vocal phone call.
  5. It is bad enough that ID seemingly has no solution, but if that’s how it is, I could have accepted it and moved promptly forward.  I just would have liked simple swift understanding of the problem, and an immediate offer of compensation

Thanks again.
  • I’ll follow up your suggestion about the complaint procedure.
  • I’ll follow up alternative suppliers.

ATB
PW

Userlevel 1

The Complaints procedure page led to another hour and a half of agonising “Chat” with someone who (like the previous “agent”) seemed to be incompetant.
Why are they SOOO slow?  Are they dealing with multiple problems simultaneously?  Are they translating from a foreign language.
I used to teach I.T. and customer service before retiring.  LIfe is too short to waste it with such hopeless customer service.  I must be stupic to have kept bothering with ID.
My other supplier’s SIM works OK in the Galaxy Ace S3 so thaat’s obviously the way to go.
I now just need compensation for loss of service since April 2nd - What will they offer?
+ cost of borring a phone + 4 hours of my personal time at say £20/hr, (I’m cheap in retirement!)
I’m about to phone an alternative supplier.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah, the iD live chat agents are not based in the UK, and they’re often handling multiple chats at the same time. I’d have given-up some time ago.

Userlevel 1

> Andewhite - You’re so right.

But that poses the question, why are you still here on the community?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well, you can contribute to the iD community without having an active iD account, so here I am. 

iD Mobile is great when everything’s working, but if something does go wrong you can be left feeling incredibly frustrated, and without a solution - except taking your custom elsewhere.

Good luck @Pwat.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Pwat,

We don’t provide compensation for loss of service as we are a residential network but can look into any good-will gestures for line rental billed during time without a service.

It doesn’t sound like the phone is disabled as it is working with a non-iD SIM but just not the iD SIM.

The iD SIM working fine in another phone is the odd part as this points to the device being faulty.

Have you been into your local Currys store to get this checked?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?