Question

Number Hasn't ported but old Sim stopped working

• 9 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

How long should this take, as I would of thought as soon as my old sim stops working my number on the ID sim would work. This is very inconvenient for work as I’m missing important phone calls.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Munders, if your port was scheduled to be completed today, it might not be completed until 5pm today (sometimes midnight). 

When I joined iD my port completed at ~3pm, and my old provider’s SIM had stopped working about 5 hours earlier.

There’s no guarantee you’ll get continuity of service when porting your number between mobile service providers. I’d recommend turning OFF the phone with your iD SIM card, and then checking for service every 45 minutes. Keep your phone turned OFF between checks.

Good luck @Munders

Userlevel 1

Thanks. Hopefully that will be the case. The app actually says the port should of been yesterday.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Munders, what date did you give your PAC to iD Mobile?

Also, on the day you submitted your PAC to iD Mobile, was it done after 5pm? 

Userlevel 1

I gave it to them after 5pm on Friday.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I gave it to them after 5pm on Friday.

Okay @Munders, your port should have been completed by 5pm on 08-Nov-2022.

It’s possible something has gone wrong - when did your old provider’s SIM card stop working?

Userlevel 1

Stopped working about an hour ago.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hopefully iD have just goofed the timing of the number port @Munders.

iD are 1 day late getting your number ported - although I guess you just want the port completed. 
The OFCOM rules do say you’re entitled to compensation for each day the port is delayed.

I’d recommend turning OFF the phone with your iD SIM card, and then checking for service every 45 minutes. Keep your phone turned OFF between checks.

Good luck @Munders

Userlevel 1

Number got ported at about 4pm so all good now 😁 thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Glad to hear it’s sorted now @Munders,

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?