Solved

number isn’t transferring properly?

Userlevel 1

So I got a contract with ID mobile which arrived Tuesday, I didn’t put no sim in the phone until Thursday as that’s when my number was supposed to be transferred over. Now here comes the fun part. So the phone shows the number I transferred over when I put the sim card in yesterday. I was able to send out texts but I can not receive them. Nor can I receive calls and I have no mobile data at all. So I contacted them through live chat and they said it was still in process of transferring so it should be done by midnight. Now today it’s even worse. I can’t send out texts. I can’t do calls. Still can’t receive texts either. And when my partner tries to call my number it says the number practically does not exist. And when I try to call out it says “this service does not allow access to this number” I’ve gone through multiple forums trying to find out a fix. I had the phone off all night to see if that would help which it definitely didn’t. I can’t get through to live chat as it keeps telling me they are busy. I’m at a loss and I don’t know what to do. I need my sim card working as I have important calls to make and receive. 

icon

Best answer by Li1MissChrissy 20 May 2023, 13:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Doesn’t sound great @Li1MissChrissy

Worst case is there’s been a split port, which often seems to take iD a while to rectify.

I believe iD currently have ongoing issues processing PAC information, and new iD account registration requests, which means their live chat service is overwhelmed, and you could be waiting days for a reply here 😟

You should be able to get assistance by contacting iD Mobile privately on Facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM).

Their customer support agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends) - good luck.

Userlevel 1

Doesn’t sound great @Li1MissChrissy

Worst case is there’s been a split port, which often seems to take iD a while to rectify.

I believe iD currently have ongoing issues processing PAC information, and new iD account registration requests, which means their live chat service is overwhelmed, and you could be waiting days for a reply here 😟

You should be able to get assistance by contacting iD Mobile privately on Facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM).

Their customer support agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends) - good luck.

I’ll send them a message on Facebook messenger. Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Li1MissChrissy,

I hope that your issue is resolved via Facebook.

Please let us know if you require further assistance and we can help.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Li1MissChrissy,

I hope that your issue is resolved via Facebook.

Please let us know if you require further assistance and we can help.

Kash

Unfortunately it hasn't been resolved. We're at 2 weeks now with an unusable simcard. It's just back and forth with the messenger team. I have been told to call the complaints team, but I have no way to call them since i can't call out. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Doesn’t sound great @Li1MissChrissy. There are 3 options for making a complaint:

1. Use the online live chat service
  2. Leave a voicemail
  3. Send a letter

Fully explained online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure.

Userlevel 1

I've now spoken to the complaints team, the tech team are looking into it for the 3rd time and they are thinking that there's possibly missing files within the transfer. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Li1MissChrissy, I hope iD sort this out quickly now, and compensate you accordingly. 
It’s shocking only now are iD thinking there might be some files missing, which should have come over when your number was transferred.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite I hope so too, it is definitely shocking. It's also stressful being without my number and a simcard that's working that I had to give in to topping up a pay as you go so I can actually call family members that don't have social media. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Li1MissChrissy,

Glad to hear that it’s with our Complaints Team now. They will work to resolve this for you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

After 5 weeks of back and forth it's finally up and running! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Li1MissChrissy,

Really pleased to hear that, thanks for updating us here.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?