Question

Number ported in error, need it transferred back to previous network provider

• 12 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I was going to port my number on 11th December and set this up with Idmobile.

However, my husband was changing to a different network at the end of November, and by mistake I entered his mobile number and PAC code into my Idmobile account.

His number transferred over to Idmobile on 24th November with no problems, but on 11th December my Giffgaff number was transferred to Idmobile even though I had already transferred my husband’s number to the Idmobile sim.

Having been in contact with Giffgaff they have advised that on 11/12/2023 - 7:15, the number was ported out from giffgaff to another provider. This means they no longer have my number and I would need to request it from Idmobile.

How do I do this as my number is not on any network now.

I hope someone can help as I’ve had this number for many years and don’t want to lose it.

Thanks in advance

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jh989,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you port both numbers to the same iD Mobile account?

The old network won’t be able to help, however if you ported both numbers onto the same account we may be able to provide a PAC code for the first number you ported.

We can’t provide a PAC code for the number that it is on the account now as that would trigger a termination fee.

Kash

Hi Kash

Both numbers have ported, and my husband’s is showing on my ID Mobile account.

I need a PAC code for the number that ported on 11th December, ending in 2989.

Many Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jh989 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?