Question

number showing incorrect when i call my friend

• 1 June 2023
  • 5 replies

I have had no issue with this previously.  My number saved on friends phone however since yesterday when I call or text or shows as a different number.  I tried calling that number from their phone it's just a dead line.  Could this be number spoofing?   Someone who is very phone technical was doing things on their phone we have no idea if he has done something.  We cannot ask them. 

This isn't happening with any other friends/family phones 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pauline McShane 

Are you on an iPhone or Android?

Are you getting any signal with the iD Mobile SIM card?

Tom

Yes my phone seems fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Pauline McShane,

I don’t think it’s spoofing only makes Caller look like Caller B but does not impact your number in any way besides people thinking it was you that called.

What’s odd is you mentioned calls and texts to other numbers work perfectly fine and it’s just 1 contact who is impacted.

Have you just joined iD or been with us for some time?

Can you double check that other people in your contact all receive calls from your number as normal and can call you without issues?

Mohammed

Seems to be 2 people so far even though I'm stored on their phone it comes up a strange number calling them.  Everyone else it comes up my name as stored information.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pauline McShane 

Are you able to have them delete you as a contact and then re-add you?

Are you calling them via the iD Mobile network or via a service such as FaceTime audio?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?