Solved

Number still not ported 1 week later

• 19 April 2023
  • 8 replies

I provided my PAC code on signing up to ID mobile and scheduled my old number to port across from EE on 12th April. 12th comes and goes and nothing happens. I raise a query through Live Chat on 13th April and issue is raised with technical team and told to wait 48 hours. I chase again on 16th to be told there has been a delay with my transfer and to wait a further 48 hours. Still nothing.

I chase again today (19th April) to be told they believe number transfer happened on 14th April. However I have received no confirmation text from ID with this and my old Sim card from EE is still working which surely it shouldn’t if the transfer had happened? My phone settings are all still showing my temporary number and won’t change to my ported one after following all instructions to do this. This makes me think number still hasn’t ported - can someone help me on how to get this resolved?

icon

Best answer by JPeters 28 April 2023, 11:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD Mobile had numerous issues processing number transfer requests last week @JPeters

Perhaps you’ve have suffered from a split port, or the port hasn’t happened at all.

I’d recommend contacting the iD social media customer support team privately by using Facebook (with Messenger), or Twitter (by DM) for assistance with your number transfer from EE. 

The iD agents work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends).

A couple more points:

1. OFCOM rules say the gaining service provider (iD) must pay you compensation for each day the port is delayed. Unfortunately, this is the only stick you’ve got.
  2. OFCOM rules make the gaining service provider 100% responsible for getting a mobile number transferred.

I’ll try them via social media then - fingers crossed that gets some traction. Will update here if/when I get anywhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JPeters,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that you managed to get in touch via Social Media. The team are very busy but they are working through the queue as quick as possible.

If you still require assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Hi Kash

Yes I have received responses through Facebook but still waiting for the matter to be resolved. I will follow up again as still without a resolution timescale.

Thanks

Update: my old EE sim stopped working yesterday so this seems a step forward. However, problem remains that I cannot seem to receive any calls or texts to my ported number on my ID sim. Outbound is working fine but nothing inbound. The right number is showing in my Phone on my iPhone Settings but I cannot receive a verification code to add this number properly to my Apple ID.

Does anyone have any advice on anything I can do on this or is this an error with the port? I have tried multiple times turning off my phone, removing my sim, resetting network settings, logging out of my Apple ID etc. and but still can’t seem to get inbound calls and texts to work :(

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Update: my old EE sim stopped working yesterday so this seems a step forward. However, problem remains that I cannot seem to receive any calls or texts to my ported number on my EE sim. Outbound is working fine but nothing inbound. The right number is showing in my Phone on my iPhone Settings but I cannot receive a verification code to add this number properly to my Apple ID.

Does anyone have any advice on anything I can do on this or is this an error with the port? I have tried multiple times turning off my phone, removing my sim, resetting network settings, logging out of my Apple ID etc. and but still can’t seem to get inbound calls and texts to work :(

EE SIM or iD SIM @JPeters
You’ve mentioned your EE SIM card is now inactive.

If your number was supposed to transfer to iD Mobile yesterday, and things aren’t working properly today, then it sounds like something has gone wrong with your port.

Maybe the losing provider (EE?) hasn’t provided all the files required to complete your port @JPeters.

If you don’t mind waiting, I’m sure iD staff will reply to your posts in due course.
I’d recommend contacting the iD social media customer support team privately by using Facebook (with Messenger), or Twitter (by DM) for assistance though.

The support team work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends + bank holidays).

Ah good spot, I meant ID sim and now edited my post for this - have raised a query with their team on Facebook who have been pretty responsive to my issues so far. Will see what they say then 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ah good spot, I meant ID sim and now edited my post for this - have raised a query with their team on Facebook who have been pretty responsive to my issues so far. Will see what they say then 👍

Glad to hear that @JPeters,

We’ll work to resolve this for you via our Social Media channel.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?