Question

number transfer how long does it take

• 11 April 2023
  • 5 replies

I have switched from Three to ID.  My old SIM no longer works but my new ID SIM is not on my old Three number.  

I submitted the PAC and other codes during the purchase.  How long does it take as this company seem impossible to talk to. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

If the old SIM has been turned off then try rebooting your phone and also check chat features in message settings as it may still be set up to the temporary number and need editing to use the ported number. Follow these instructions below to check chat features

Open the Messages app . Tap your Profile icon and then Messages settings and then Advanced. Select Phone number, then edit the number to the correct phone number associated with your SIM card. Tap OK. After doing that restart the phone and it should be working correctly 🤞 Also check message settings > chat features the number on there may be incorrect and need editing. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You should’ve received an email and SMS with the date your number was being transferred from Three to iD Mobile @Adam_reid2010.

Was you number switching date today @Adam_reid2010
If it’s today, then your number should be transferred at some point before 10pm. Number switching does not happen immediately @Adam_reid2010.
When I switched to iD, I had no service for around 5-hours from my old provider’s SIM being inactive, and the number I wanted to keep becoming active with my iD SIM.

🍀 

That’s useful stuff.  My move date is today so I’ll wait for a few hours and then try the steps mentioned.

Thanks, Adam 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d recommend turning off the device with your iD SIM card, and checking every 45-minutes. 
And leaving the device OFF between checks.

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Adam_reid2010,

Has the port since completed?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?