Question

Number transfer not working

Anyone having issues with their old number transferring over to ID mobile? I am 2 weeks since the transfer should've taken place - my old sim stopped working on the day expected but I still cannot receive calls or text messages. Getting very little back from ID mobile on messenger and also raised a complaint that's going nowhere. Been told the issue for the delay is 'file exchange process'

This topic has been closed for comments

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Traveller123 

The issue of “file exchange process” would I believe mean we’re awaiting the network you’ve moved from to send us all the files required for the port itself.

If you’re already in contact via another channel I’d recommend keeping an eye for updates there, the team on Facebook Messenger will message you should any updates come up.

Tom

I’ve already been in touch with my previous provider in case I was told this was the issue - they have assured me everything from their side has been transferred and my account with them closed. And that my number should now be working with yourselves….

I am now more than 2 weeks down the line and after numerous facebook messenger chats and calls to the complaints department I’m no further forward. I am getting absolutely no updates and only when I initiate the question am being fed information. The complaints team has said nothing about my previous provider and that it is in fact information from ID mobile (THE SAME COMPANY) that they are waiting on.

Absolutely shocking service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Traveller123,

If the complaint is with our Complaints Team they will be investigating this already and working to provide a resolution to your complaint.

If you are speaking to us via Facebook then we will also be corresponding with you there regarding this.

Mohammed

I have had a complaint logged for over a week and also Facebook messages for 2 weeks (although given up on this now). 

17 days and counting now with no ability to receive phone calls and messages….. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

OFCOM’s rules for mobile number switching state the gaining provider (iD Mobile) is 100% responsible for the number transfer, and you’re entitled to compensation for each day the number transfer is delayed. This isn’t much consolation, but it’s the only stick you’ve got @Traveller123

Oddly, the iD Mobile complaints procedure doesn’t appear to have a time limit for resolving a complaint or reaching deadlock. All iD say in their “Complaints Procedure and Complaints Code of Practice” is that most complaints, which cannot be resolved within the initial conversation, can be resolved within 7 days.

Whenever iD think it will take longer, they say they’ll keep you informed of the progress, and may contact you by phone and by SMS.

https://media.secure-mobiles.com/idmobile/documents/complaints-code-of-practice-2023.pdf

Thanks for your reply andewhite. Yes compensation isn’t much and I just want my number to work - cannot access various banking/savings accounts as they need to send me a SMS to confirm identity! I’ve actually already been in touch with OFCOM.

They haven’t been good at keeping me informed and I’m fed up now of being told they’ll inform me of any progress. From what I’ve seen so far they’re doing nothing other than ‘escalating’ which has got me nowhere. Seriously frustrating.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Apparently number transfers from Vodafone since 28-Apr-2023 are a problem.

It’s alleged Vodafone haven’t been following the agreed processes for mobile number transfers. 

My old provider was Talkmobile who do use Vodafone I believe. However my switch was due to take place on 17th April 2023….. My old sim stopped working that morning.

The complaints team have not advised any issue with my previous provider. They said they were waiting on something form another department within ID mobile...

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That doesn’t sound promising… odd that another iD department would even take over 1-month to respond internally?

Yes that’s my worry - it all seems to be ID issues but I can’t get them to fully explain what the issue is. Last time I called I was told this had happened to others but perhaps its others who have switched from 28th April.

I even asked if they can actually fix it as I’m at the point now of going somewhere else and getting a new number but they assured me it is fixable….

**Update**

After speaking to the complaints team it is clear that they have no idea what the issue is or who is even looking into it (if anyone). It could be ID mobile, Three, my old provider... who knows. What on earth have they been looking into the last 2 weeks?!

Also find it bizarre that you cannot be put through to a manager as they are there to 'manage the team not the customer'! 

Atrocious company and even worse customer service

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Traveller123 

Please keep contact with the complaints team and Facebook team about this.

Tom

Userlevel 1

I have used the PAC number when purchasing the sim card. Sim has arrived but old number has not been transferred. I set my transfer date to 01.05.23. Called my old provider to check if someone isn't right. They said all good from their side. Then I went to ID mobile app to put PAC through the app, but there's an error keep on coming. I don't know what to do, or how to talk to ID mobile. 

@Din I think they/Three are having issues transferring numbers but how well this is being communicated to customers I'm not so sure... 

I'd call the complaints department so you actually speak to someone. Number is 0800 049 1300. 

Good luck...

Userlevel 1

@Traveller123 yea, my old provider is Three. My old contract still active & now have to pay for two contracts unwillingly. This is so bad. Thanks for the number though. Appreciate 👍

@Din I think you should get compensation from iD mobile for every day they aren't providing their service. I believe your account will be/ is credited. Best to discuss your case with the complaints team though. Hope you get somewhere with them.

Userlevel 1

@Traveller123 thanks for your help & info provided. Hope this will get resolved soon. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Din 

Are you still having issues with this?

Have you been in contact with us via another platform?

Tom

Userlevel 1

@Tom the transfer completed yesterday. I contacted ID mobile, and they said it will be transfered on the 9th May 2023, which it did. I am so pleased with it. My old network got cancelled as well. So everything worked out well at the end. Thanks to you all in the community who offered valuable info regarding this. Have a great day ya'll. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Din 

Glad to hear that, please let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?