Solved

Number wont port and its been over 8 days

• 15 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Ive recently tried porting my old number from 3. It says its supposed to have changed on the 6th of September, however all ive gotten is two messages saying it’ll be done soon however its been too long. Really need my old number back, any way to get an update.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Kash 18 September 2023, 13:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Adat, the number porting team only work Mon-Fri - not at weekends, nor Bank Holidays.

Forum members can’t look at your iD account @Adat, so I’d suggest the online iD Live Chat service to find out what’s happening with your iD account. 

The agents work until 6pm at weekends (and 8pm on weekdays).

I tried live chat and was promised an update within 48 hours updating me on the status of my number being ported, however i was never sent any update. Was hoping i could recieve some sort of an update from someone here

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Adat, the iD support staff only read posts here once a day, sometimes less frequently. 

If you don’t mind waiting, iD should reply to your post in due course.

Have you tried using Facebook Messenger or X (Twitter) DM, to get assistance from customer service? 

If you send an out-of-hours private message, they’d normally respond when resuming work, usually within an hour or so - the social media customer service team work on weekdays and at the weekend. 

FYI, the following is what iD say about number transfer, which don’t happen as scheduled:- 

I suppose ill wait for a reply from the support team

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Adat,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?