Solved

old account

• 23 April 2022
  • 2 replies

I had 3 amounts on my id mobile bill ,I knew what two of them were but couldn't find the third. I presumed it was my son's old phone. So I cancelled the direct debit. I guess I shouldn't have done that as I am now being hounded by debt collectors for the sum of £15 which is 2months payment. At least I now know which phone it is as they kindly put it on the letter heading. It is an Alcotel Pop 8 which my son had in 2016 ! So obviously he has now been upgraded several times.  I pay his account but can't see his billing. I can't even remember if it was the same number as it is now.

How do I cancel this account once and for all. 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 23 April 2022, 22:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Each phone/number would require it's own individual account. It's a shame that you cancelled the direct debit as all you have achieved is to damage your credit rating and are now being chased by a debt collection agency. If the account is in the hands of a debt collector then it will have been closed so you're best just paying the debt collection agency. 

Hi thanks for replying. I know that was a bit daft of me but I honestly didn't think it would get as far as this. I had a live chat with one of the advisors earlier today as well. I have finally sorted it out. The problem was that I couldn't find the number for this old phone but somehow he managed to. That's now cancelled and I have paid the direct debit. I am just annoyed that I have been paying for a phone for about 5years that we didn't have because a cancellation request wasn't received,so Id mobile assumed I wanted to keep the phone even after upgrading band changing numbers. 

Why iD Mobile?