Question

Old number has been transferred to somebody else

• 10 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi

I gave ID Mobile my PAC code to transfer my old number (had this number for 20 years and its my work number). Today the my old SIM stopped working, so the transfer happened, BUT my old number has gone to someone else!!

I’ve tried LIVE chat with no luck (it said live chat was available until 8pm, yet after logging on to it at 7.30pm it said no one was available at 7.48pm) and there doesn’t seem to be any emergency number to speak to someone at ID Mobile. Such a huge data breach… if this other person uses my number as a verification method!

On top of this, this is my work number and I’m going to lose a day of clients and business… as well as the trust of my clients if they call my old number but get through to the other person!!!

Can someone at ID Mobile sort this out now please, this evening, not in 24 hours etc. I’m at a complete loss as to how this can even happen! 

Hope someone from ID Mobile reads this, this evening and can help get my number back before morning!

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Such a huge data breach… if this other person uses my number as a verification method!

As weird and as annoying as this is, it’s not a data breach. A phone number is just a phone number. Anyway, you will need to speak to live chat tomorrow but be warned, this might take days to correct.

I really can’t afford for this to take days. So awful this has happened. I’m going to be losing work as a result. 
Plus all my accounts rely on two step verification!

So upset with ID Mobile that Live chat closed before 8pm

Still not resolved. Complaints team looking into it. Even though they have confirmed it was human-error on ID Mobiles part. I don’t want to complaint, I just want this sorted 😩

Must be such a simple task to just switch it back to me.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If the number was assigned to another iD Mobile customer by mistake, then it should be a reasonably quick fix. If, however, it was assigned to a customer on another network, then it will take a few days to resolve it as iD Mobile will need to work with the network it was ported to and are at their mercy as to when they action any request made by iD Mobile.

UK porting is the pits and god help anyone who encounters one of the many problems that frequently pop up across all networks. Hopefully they get you up and running tomorrow! 🤞

Yes it’s another ID Mobile customer who didn’t even ask for a number change!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

There is a real good chance that it will get sorted for you sooner rather than later then. 🤞

However, the porting teams don’t work weekends and so you might be waiting until Monday for a fix. 👀

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@karlsing,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?