Solved

old number migrated

Userlevel 1

Hi I applied my PAC number yesterday. 

I was advised that my number would migrate over today.

I haven't has access to calls or messages since lunch time.

Does anyone know how long this takes please.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 3 August 2023, 14:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

26 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Your number transfer should be completed by 10pm today @Sam Wils, assuming that you submitted your PAC to iD Mobile before 17:30 yesterday (Monday 31st July).

iD normally send an email / text message to advise the number transfer has been completed.

I assume you old provider’s SIM card is now inactive? 

Leaving your handset, with the iD SIM card, turned OFF can help.
I’d suggest just turn it ON every 45-minutes and check.
🤞

Userlevel 1

Thank you.

Yes it was done yesterday afternoon.

My old sim has no service on it so it must be transferring 

Userlevel 1

Still no transfer over.

The last time I transferred my number I had n service for about 45mins.

Now it's been ages.

And there are no customer service to call 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oh dear @Sam Wils - unfortunately, it sounds like something might’ve gone wrong with your number transfer.

You can’t talk to iD support on the telephone anymore. You’ll need to chat online, using the iD live chat service, Facebook Messenger, or Twitter DM, whenever you need assistance.

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Sam Wils,

Ports take up to 10PM on the day to process but you usually notice issues whilst it’s happening and a text shortly after.

If you have restarted and still not getting service or it’s showing the wrong number, let us know here and we will PM you to look into this further.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Yes I've been on to them since yesterday. 

Now I just have another 48 hours with no calls or texts.

So it's all great service NOT

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes I've been on to them since yesterday. 

Now I just have another 48 hours with no calls or texts.

So it's all great service NOT

If you’re still in the cooling-off period of your iD contract @Sam Wils, I guess there’s alway the option to cancel your ORDER, and switch to another service provider - if you’re unhappy with iD Mobile. 

Userlevel 1

Well I haven't had much luck only git the phone Sunday.

I really haven't the time to be going back to the store and messing around.

Like I haven't got the time to be missing important calls either.

I will give them till Saturday, if its not sorted.

If no luck I will decide then 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Sam Wils, hopefully iD manage to sort this out. 

• Can you call and text - incoming & outgoing?
  • Can you use mobile data?
  • What handset are you using?
  • Did you purchase the handset with line rental?
  • Is the number you wanted to keep shown in your iD account online?  
Userlevel 1

I can call and text.

Can't receive calls or texts

Samsung A34 5G

Data is fine

Got the phone née and took contract out Sunday 30 Aug 2023

The number on my ID app is the number I want to use,this is my old number that has been ported over.

But won't work.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, thanks @Sam Wils
This could be an issue with the number transfer, or it might an issue with the iD SIM card (which could be damaged or faulty). 

To eliminate the SIM card as the problem here, you could get a replacement iD SIM card from any Currys store, or request one online using the iD live chat service. 

You’d need to activate the replacement SIM card before it’ll work in your handset though.
🤞

Userlevel 1

They've already mentioned this earlier.

I said can I not kust how and get a new sim card,but apparently this is normal when you port?

So I have to wait another 48 hours.

I think it's the sim that's why I suggested it but apparently not an option

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry, why’ve you been asked to wait another 48-hours @Sam Wils

The OFCOM rules for mobile number portability state the gaining provider (i.e. iD Mobile) are 100% responsible for getting your number transferred within 1-working day. Any delay means you’re entitled to compensation, which might be the only stick you’ve got should you decide to stay with iD Mobile.

Your cooling off period might only be 14-days @Sam Wils - it depends on where you purchased your iD Mobile item(s).
🍀

Userlevel 1

Well that's what I think.

But I've said can I go and get a new sim and I've been asked to wait 48 hours and asked to be patient numerous times.

I haven't had any access to calls and texts since Tuesday lunch time.

And I have been told to wait again.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s odd - it really seems like iD customer service don’t care @Sam Wils

If I was in this position, I think I’d pop into Currys for a free replacement SIM card, and then activate it online. If that failed - I’d probably be saying goodbye iD Mobile.

Userlevel 1

Would they give me a card though,without ID authorising this with it being contract. 

I'm really annoyed about the service I haven't received to be honest.

All I want is to be able to use my phone.

I'm thinking it's sim as when I ported over before I was with out service for about 30 minutes not 3 days.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe tell Currys you’ve misplaced your iD SIM, not sure how they can refuse to give you a replacement.

Currys (aka Carphone Warehouse) are even mentioned in the following forum FAQ article: 

The online iD customer service don’t apparently care.

Userlevel 1

Well I wanted to keep my number as I have different consultants calling me for my mum.

But I'd have been quicker just giving them my née number.

I've already missed one important call.

I've had to call them today from work.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’ll keep your number with the replacement SIM card - you said the number you’re keeping was transferred to iD Mobile, but doesn’t work properly. 

The number you want keep will be linked to the replacement SIM card, once it is activated.

Userlevel 1

Well I've been back in touch and the technicians are looking at it and they say its not a sim fault.

So I will just have to wait another 2 days cause I don't think they are in a rush to help if I'm honest.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well I've been back in touch and the technicians are looking at it and they say its not a sim fault.

So I will just have to wait another 2 days cause I don't think they are in a rush to help if I'm honest.

Well, I’ve got to wonder how iD technicians can be 100% certain it’s not a SIM fault - anyway, good luck on your journey with iD Mobile @Sam Wils

Userlevel 1

Thank you I'm going to need it 

Userlevel 1

Finally sorted.

Thanks for all advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Sam Wils,

Glad to hear that it has been sorted.

Please get back in touch if you require further assistance.

Kash

I have my pac code 

Why iD Mobile?