Question

Old number not recognised when switched to iD mobile

• 19 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

So I’ve submitted a PAC via O2 to switch over to iD. 
submitted the pac code when ordering the phone, hoping it would then be an easy switch once the phone arrived. However, iD app and the phone itself will not recognise my old number as the iD number. 
No customer service to get in touch and ask what’s going on. O2 said I need to talk to iD as the pac code I submitted has been taken by iD. (I have an iPhone 13).
can’t accept calls or texts to my old number. Please help?! 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What date did you request for your number transfer from O2 to iD @laurennewcombe?

The transfer doesn’t happen immediately, on the date of transfer - there can be several hours between your old O2 SIM becoming inactive, and the number you want to keep working with your iD SIM.

I’d recommend contacting the iD social media customer support team privately by using Facebook (with Messenger), or Twitter (by DM) for assistance with your number transfer @laurennewcombe

The iD agents work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 1

It was Monday I requested it, and I received the phone yesterday. However, o2 have closed my contract and said the PAC code requested has been used by iD to submit to their network and that it should only take one working day. 
I have contacted them, just waiting for a response but thank you for the suggestion.

however, followed the advice of adding my old number to Messages and Phone within my settings, but won’t allow me to save them - it just refreshes to the new number each time I submit it. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your request was submitted after 17:30 on Monday, your number will transfer today at some point @laurennewcombe.

If your number’s transferring today, I’d suggest turning OFF the phone with the iD SIM card, and then check every 45-minutes to see if the transfer has completed. Leave the phone OFF between each check.

Good luck. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you.

I’ve tried this a few times today - when I turn the phone back on, it will list by old number for about 30 seconds before changing it back to the temporary iD number. Arghh!!!

hopefully it’ll work by the end of today and iD will get back to me in the meantime (fingers crossed!)

but thank you very much for your help and advice ☺️

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @laurennewcombe,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope that your issue has been resolved.

If you still require further assistance with this please get back to us here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?