Question

old phone number transfered now no signal cant text or call

• 16 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I got a new I phone 14 last week, entered PAC code at point of purchase. Got a call from old network (EE)  to confirm PAC code request and date of number switch (14/11/23). I set up new phone but also used my old phone and sim until date of phone number transfer. As expected this sim stopped working on the 14th as confirmed in an email. My new iD sim however lost all signal on this date too? I have powered off, checked sim, aeroplane mode etc but still cannot text or call at all!?!

This has now left me with no way of people contacting me which is obviously not ideal especially with young children at school/ childcare and when working home alone. I cannot even ring iD to ask them how to fix the problem.

Any help appreciated 

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Does your old EE SIM card still work @Jessicarobyn? - if that’s still active, it’s possible iD haven’t used the PAC to transfer your number to iD Mobile.

If the new iD SIM card was working, in the new iPhone 14 handset, but has stopped working, perhaps iD deactivated the SIM card or the SIM card has developed a fault.
Does the iD SIM card work in another handset?

Otherwise, it’s normally quicker to get assistance from iD customer support using one of their primary support channels, which are: 

• Live Chat online at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat (via a popup window in a browser).
  • Private message using Facebook Messenger.
  • DM using X (formerly Twitter).

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Unfortunately, iD don’t have telephone help & support.

🤞

Userlevel 1

No, my EE sim stopped working on the date agreed, unfortunately this is when the new iD sim stopped working too. I can only presume there has been a fault with the new sim in this process. 

I am yet to have a reply in the Facebook chat and keep getting cut off the live chat which is obviously very frustrating. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like something has gone wrong with the switching process @Jessicarobyn.

Seems more than a coincidence your iD SIM stopped working on the day the number transfer was supposed to happen. 

If the online iD support is not working, you could try getting a replacement iD SIM card from your nearest Currys store. It would need to be activated online - the Currys staff might even be able to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jessicarobyn,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you require further assistance?

If so, please get back to us here and we can help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?