Solved

Order Cancelled as I did not pass security

• 1 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I made an order for a new upgrade as my current phone has broken. I received an email stating ‘We’re sorry but we’ve had to cancel your order (###) as it didn’t pass our internal security checks’

This is very frustrating, as at the beginning of the year I was victim of identity fraud, in which ID Mobile opened an account in my name to someone else. Now when a legitimate order is placed it is cancelled without any further checks completed to ensure it is me, or any other way for me to challenge this cancellation.  

Other advice from ID Mobile is to wait 30 days before processing the order - I will not be waiting 30 days to apply again but will be taking my business elsewhere unless this can be resolved, which is a shame as I am generally happy with the service ID Mobile provide. 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 1 November 2022, 11:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try calling the iD telephone sales team on 020 7139 1397, during normal office hours.

Good luck @Steveo_84

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite I called and the very uninterested sales representee said there is nothing that can be done as it’s failed an internal check. Therefore, the advice was ‘take my business elsewhere’ which I will be doing! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @Steveo_84, probably for the best.
iD often appear uninterested in keeping their existing customers happy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks @andewhite I called and the very uninterested sales representee said there is nothing that can be done as it’s failed an internal check. Therefore, the advice was ‘take my business elsewhere’ which I will be doing! 

Hello @Steveo_84

You should be able to visit Carphone Warehouse to upgrade but will need 2 forms of ID.

The checks are preventing the order from being processed as the account details had previously been used for a fraudulent purchase.

Mohammed 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

@Steveo_84 

You might have a CIFAS marker on your credit file if you have been a victim of identity theft or a victim of fraud. You’d likely have the same issue applying for credit online with any other creditor too! Applying in store or in person for credit wouldn’t be so problematic as you’d be providing proof of identity there and then in person. Personally i’d rather fail a credit check and deal with that than deal with a fraudulent account, police and all three credit agencies trying to fix the damage caused as a result.

Why iD Mobile?