Question

Over Billed and I need it corrected.

• 3 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I took out a 30 day rolling plan at £12 a month on the 25th March. When I got back home and inserted the Sim, I barely had one 1 bar of signal and I think it was going from 1 bar to none because the signal bar icon went to a handset and WIFI combined icon which means calls possible over WiFI only (No cellular signal at all !) Similarly, the Mobile data which on the coverage checker said 3G only. 

I'm always on the WIFI so I accepted the fact that it was 3G only. However because I had no reception, I did not have working 3G either. During the mobile calls  (WiFi calling 99% of the time!) There were really long delays in my audio being received and the same for incoming audio, if I turned off the WiFi, the calls kept dropping or the call audio kept breaking up. 

I decided to cancel my plan as I had only had only been trying to use it for a few days. I eventually got through to a Human customer services agent and asked to cancel the plan due to the very poor signal reception and pointed out that I was with the 14 day cooling off period and the agent apologised for my inconvenience and after several minutes, told me that it was all cancelled and the plan terminated and Cautioned me! NOT to cancel my direct debit. 

I have received a bill for March covering 25th March to 24th April for £12 and a bill for April covering the the next 30 days. 

The April bill is essentially only 39p as I was refunded the early termination fee which was added and the credited leaving 39p for April but carrying over £12 from March. The bill total coming to £12.39.

The March bill which is £12 and is explained above.

Why are they billing me for a full month when I cancelled after 3 or 4 days due to lack of service which It says will provide 3G coverage in doors. THERE WERE NO OUT OF PLAN CHARGES. 

Any other provider would cancel and as long as there were no Out of plan charges incurred, would cancel it down and not Charge anything or charge for the actual days the plan was active for pro rata £12 divided by 30 days. 

I seem to have been blacklisted from the chat as far to talking to an agent is concerned. I talk to the chat bot and keep asking to speak to an agent and as soon as they ask my name or my mobile number, I suddenly it suddenly says, "We are extremely busy at the moment, please try again later"

This the worst experience I have ever had with a mobile phone company. I had a very, very similar experience with Scottish Power and the only way to resolve it in the end was to complain through The Ombudsman.

I can see that this may have to resolved in the same manner. Such a shame that ID Mobile will not correct this over charge themselves. 

I will use word of Mouth and every social media platform to warn people to be aware and not sign up with them. 

If an ID mobile agent monitors this forum and makes this all go away. Then and only, I will not warn the masses to avoid over social media. 

I will begin a complaint in exactly 24 hours by ring the complaints number for the Ombudsman near the foot of the bill. 

Invoice number [REDACTED]

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @ritchyp 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom