Solved

pac code for multiple numbers on same bt account to separate id accounts not working.

• 9 November 2022
  • 4 replies

I am transferring 3 BT numbers on a single bt account number to 3 different I'd accounts. The PAC code worked fine for the first number, but is failing for the second number, with an error suggesting the number has already been ported. The surname on bt and I'd accounts are the same, the bt PAC code end date has not passed so wondering why this is failing when it worked for the first number?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 9 November 2022, 11:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

To port three numbers from BT, you’ll need 3 different PACs from BT - one for each number you want to port from BT to iD Mobile.

How many PACs did you get from BT @cransom61?

Thanks ande - I got a sinlge PAC for all three numbers - likely because they were all on my perssonal account as the bill payer (they were for my wife and mother-in-law). Will it be a problem if the account name of the BT and ID accounts don’t match?

This was what I got from BT Sorry to hear you're thinking of moving your mobile to another provider which would affect these numbers:

If you go ahead with that, you'll need to give this PAC code BTC147***to your new provider before 05-Dec-2022.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not sure how this would work @cransom61?

You really need one PAC per mobile number you’re going to port - each number port needs its own unique PAC. 

I suspect you will need to speak to BT in order to get two more PACs for the numbers you have not yet ported to iD - anyway, good luck @cransom61. 

Why iD Mobile?