Solved

Pac Code not transferred on specified date

• 28 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Good Morning All,

I have recently joined iD and i used a pac code to transfer my old number over - i selected 27th June for this to happen.

today is the 28th and nothing has happened yet…

does anyone know how long it takes for this request to be actioned?

Thank you all for your replies in advance!

icon

Best answer by andewhite 28 June 2023, 16:05

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @TourajR, mobility number portability is regulated by OFCOM and is supposed to happen within one working day, after you’ve given the PAC to your new service provider.

The gaining service provider is 100% responsible for the porting processes, so the consumer only has a single point-of-contact. iD Mobile are also required to compensate you for each day the transfer is delayed, which isn’t much help if you just want the number you’re keeping to work normally.

It’ll be quicker to get a status update on your number transfer using the online live chat. 
Otherwise, contact iD privately using Facebook Messenger, or a Twitter DM.
The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays. 

Have you tried a Network Reset on your handset @TourajR

Hi @andewhite! thanks for the reply.

i will contact iD on facebook and see if they could update me on this.

i have reset my network settings - and have repeatedly been doing so since last night as my number is no longer connected to the previous network I was with.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Other forum posts suggest there’ve been delays switching numbers from Three UK to iD Mobile recently. Use Facebook Messenger to contact iD privately about your number transfer issue.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

An interesting forum post from someone at iD: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TourajR 

Have you been in contact with us already on Facebook? If so please continue contact there.

If not please let us know so we can get in contact here and take a look.

Tom

Good Morning All,

I have recently joined iD and i used a pac code to transfer my old number over - i selected 27th June for this to happen.

today is the 28th and nothing has happened yet…

does anyone know how long it takes for this request to be actioned?

Thank you all for your replies in advance!

Hi! 

I am having the same issue, my pac code was supposed to transfer my mobile number over on Friday the 22nd, and it’s now the 24th.

really need some help understanding what’s going on here, as wanted to give my old phone as a Christmas gift.

thanks

jen

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jennie Martin 

I’m sorry to hear this, when you call out, does the iD Mobile number or the ported number show on the receivers side?

Is your old networks SIM card still live?

Tom

My old number has been disconnected.now my new number still not changed 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Rubel123,

Welcome to the Community!

When did the old account disconnect?

It can take up to 10pm for the port to complete on the port date.

It may be worth restarting the handset as this usually fixes the issue after a port.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?