Question

Paying for contract which supposted to be cancelled already .

• 21 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi. I'm paying for contract which supposed to be cancelled already. 

I've bought a contract with phone through carphone warehouse. But within 14 days cooling off period I've rang  carphone warehouse and cancelled this contract. It was around month ago. A couple of days ago I've spotted that my direct debit is active and that I've paid for first month of contract. This is contract for 24 months. So right now I'm paying for something I don't have and don't use. I've tried to find phone number to you guys but I couldn't.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD Mobile don’t have a telephone helpline @dianka1054.

I’d say the retailer that sold you the package was responsible for sorting this out. 
I hope you succeed.

Well I rang them today before I contacted with you guys and they told me to contact with you guys ,with iD because iD charged me for first month of contract. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, but you bought the items from Carphone Warehouse (CPW), and returned the items to CPW during your cooling-off period.

I’m not employed by iD Mobile, but really CPW should’ve sorted this out properly when you returned in your cooling-off period - using the Carphone Warehouse process for doing this.

Did CPW tell that YOU needed to sort out the SIM card, which CPW supplied with your order @dianka1054

Nope. They never told me anything about it. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’re still paying the full monthly amount, then Carphone Warehouse have failed to process your return (within your cooling-off period) correctly.

Good luck @dianka1054

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @dianka1054,

Welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry for the issues that you have had.

If you still require assistance or information for this, please let us know.

Kash

Hi . This case is still ongoing. I decided to contact with id through messenger . 

Curry's store  where i went to cancel my contract, failed with correct cancellation. . They have cancelled my contract but they didn't send device with SIM card  back . So technically my contract is still alive .

After one month or so ( only two days ago ) I've found out that my phone all together with SIM card is still at the store. 

Right now I'm waiting for an info from messenger . 

If I will go nowhere with this I will send message directly to CEO Carphone warehouse/ Curry's/ iD. 

Because what's going on with this  is a joke . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @dianka1054,

When you say “messenger” are you speaking to our Team via Facebook or are you referring to our Live Chat Team?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?