Question

phone box has been opened

• 17 December 2023
  • 4 replies

hi i have just opened the dpd bag from my iphone 15 order placed on 27th november 23 to wrap up the phone for christmas day present 

and the box has been opened the seals are intact but the box has been opened in a way not to break them, im on contract with ID mobile first payment has been paid 

i have attached images can this be taken to my local currys for swap ?

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Surely the phone and accessories would have all been loose in the bag during transit if sent like that? You’d expect the phone to be physically damaged if that was the case?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Paul2 

I’m sorry to say but no and you’ll have to pay for the return postage as I had a iPhone 15 and an SIMO off this company and I have cancelled both contracts.

iDmobile had told me to return the phone to a Curry’s store, so I walked in told to go to the Carphone Warehouse bit so I did and I was told they don’t except returns and need to contact iDmobile and by this time my blood was boiling with company

So I did only to be told here you go here’s the address you return at your own risk.

So if it had got damaged or lost in transit it would have been down to me.

Even now I’m still having hassle with this company.

I’m sorry but I was going to say I hope that this help you but at least you’ve been pre-warned of what to expect.

Hi thanks for the info :) and replies

I just want a unopened phone for Christmas present

Do you think it could be exchanged at Currys? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Paul2,

Welcome to the Community!

We have sent you a PM but we can’t guarantee that the exchange will be processed before our Christmas delivery cut off as we need to wait for the handset to be received at our warehouse before sending a new one out.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?