phone calls from spain

Can't phone a landline from Spain, my roaming is turned on , when I phone I get a message saying this number is not assigned to a client, tried live chat but don't seem to be able to speak to a human only useless chat bots any ideasĀ 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kevin MallinsonĀ 

Ā 

Is this issue happening only with that number?

Ā 

Please try with both ā€œ+34ā€ and ā€œ0034ā€ at the beginning of the number.

Ā 

Tom

Neither +34 or 0034 work thanks for your help pity Id mobile don't helpĀ 

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Kevin Mallinson, weā€™re very glad to hear thatā€™s working okay for you now! We are iD Mobile here, and weā€™re always happy to help if you need us :)

Ā 

Kind regards,

Tyler

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Kevin MallinsonĀ 

Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of this?Ā  Just curious.Ā  I wonder whether your service just hadnā€™t latched onto a local network perhaps?Ā  Or it had but they had problems at the time?Ā  I guess it was a local number you were trying to reach?

Jonty.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Can't phone a landline from Spain, my roaming is turned on , when I phone I get a message saying this number is not assigned to a client, tried live chat but don't seem to be able to speak to a human only useless chat bots any ideasĀ 

To avoid the 24/7 chat-bot, just type ā€œtalk to a personā€ while connected on Live Chat, @Kevin Mallinson.

The advisers only work until 8pm weekdays, and 6pm at weekends.

Jonty no still can't make phone calls out of Spain I'm ok to mobiles both to English and Spanish mobiles , very annoyingĀ 

Ā 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Kevin MallinsonĀ 

So, you can call UK and SPA mobiles when IN Spain (and presumably from UK/home) but you still canā€™t dial landlines when IN Spain?Ā  Or both landline and mobiles when in Spain?

That's correct I do have roaming turned on trying to speak to someone at id mobile not easyĀ 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Okay, and I guess this is a handful of Spanish landlines that wonā€™t connect?Ā  And regular numbers as opposed to premium rate or special ones that you might have blocked (like I do)?

Have you tried leaving your phone switched off for 5 mins so the network has to re-find it?Ā  Could be a blip when it first registered.Ā  And whoā€™s the local provider network?

Intrigued now...

Turned my WiFi off then turned off phone removed SIM then turned phone back on again , turned off put in SIM again turned seems to be working now ass I tried ringing my home number all fineĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kevin MallinsonĀ 

Ā 

Glad to hear this is sorted now.

Ā 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?