Question

Phone does not see sim card

• 10 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello. I received a new SIM card, inserted it into the phone, but the phone does not recognize the card, writes Insert a SIM card! Tested on Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and Oppo Find X3 Neo

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If the SIM doesn’t work in either the Samsung or Oppo handsets, sounds like it’s broken/damaged, or the SIM card might be inactive.

You might need to request a replacement SIM card @BigDaddyUK.

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the advice. I ordered a SIM replacement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @BigDaddyUK,

Let us know if you require any assistance with activation and we can help you out via PM.

Kash

Userlevel 2

Hi @BigDaddyUK,

Let us know if you require any assistance with activation and we can help you out via PM.

Kash

I just activated the replaced SIM card, everything is fine. Only very weak 4G and 5G signal, HU9 4SU area....

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Userlevel 2

My wife has been with 3UK for 2 years already, this status Works in progress, all these 2 years for our location. ))))   Hope something changes...

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Me too - at least for the last 6 months. 

Anyway, Three UK (iD Mobile’s network partner) are decommissioning their 3G network right now - with works scheduled to be completed end of 2024.

Maybe this message will disappear post-2024?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @BigDaddyUK,

Kash

I just activated the replaced SIM card, everything is fine. Only very weak 4G and 5G signal, HU9 4SU area....

Some works are a little more complex due to access to sites etc.

Hopefully the work is completed soon!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?