Question

phone number

• 19 September 2023
  • 2 replies

I have changed my number over a few weeks ago with the pac code but when messages sometimes the temporary number that was given with phone comes up to the people I'm texting. How do I resolve this?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sometimes doing a NETWORK RESET on your handset resolves this issue @Jamie Lloyd. 

The handset user guide will normally explain how to do this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jamie Lloyd 

Are you on an iPhone or Android?

For iPhone I’d recommend trying;

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with step 4 please reset network settings and try again.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For Android I’d recommend trying;

1) Open Messages, go to Settings (top right, Message Settings), open "Chat Features" or "RCS Chats", verify if this is the correct number or not.

2) If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to unregister the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features/RCS and the phone. Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features/RCS it should let you re-register/update to the correct number.

Alternatively, you can turn Chat Features/RCS off and test SMS after this.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?