Solved

Phone Number has not switched

• 16 January 2024
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

I requested a switch a week ago for the 15th (yesterday) - received a text confirming the switch date, customer service also verified it was scheduled for 15th as well. It is now the 16th and still my ID Sim has it’s issued number, not the number I want to keep from O2.

How much longer can I expect to wait? My O2 Sim still works (as it’s using the number I want) so I’m not entirely sure if the switch was even correctly booked in - as I should be switched now.

icon

Best answer by Lauren 17 January 2024, 14:31

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your O2 SIM is still working, then sounds like somethings has gone wrong @BenEllis1997

Try using iD Live Chat or their social media channels, if you are looking for immediate assistance with your switch @BenEllis1997.

🤞

Userlevel 1

If your O2 SIM is still working, then sounds like somethings has gone wrong @BenEllis1997

Try using iD Live Chat or their social media channels, if you are looking for immediate assistance with your switch @BenEllis1997.

🤞

Thanks. I’ll pop them another message and see how I get on.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

FYI, the iD staff only read forum posts once a day, and sometimes it’s less frequent.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @BenEllis1997, welcome to the community!

From what you’ve described, it sounds like your number transfer request hasn’t been processed by us like it should have been. If you’ve received a text from iD to say that your number has transferred over, this may be a case of a split port.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Lauren

Userlevel 1

Hi @BenEllis1997, welcome to the community!

From what you’ve described, it sounds like your number transfer request hasn’t been processed by us like it should have been. If you’ve received a text from iD to say that your number has transferred over, this may be a case of a split port.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Lauren

This has switched successfully from today. I can confirm I am now all up and running 😀

I submitted PAC code when i brought my phone but i have not received any message related to switching number. The system doesnot allow me to resend the PAC as it says PAC code is already used and switch is underway phone. Its been 7days but my old number is not switch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Pushpa Kafle,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you select a specific date for the port to take place?

What happens when you use the number with the old provider?

Kash

Good afternoon, 

I submitted my PAC code when moving to ID mobile from 3 and selected today as the transfer date for my old number. 

This hasn’t happened. What can I do? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Good afternoon, 

I submitted my PAC code when moving to ID mobile from 3 and selected today as the transfer date for my old number. 

This hasn’t happened. What can I do? 

Have you tried the online iD Live Chat service, @mxs105
One of the customer advisors should be able to look into your switching request. 
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mxs105 ,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you managed to get through to the team as @andewhite suggested?

If you still require assistance, please let us know and we can help you out.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?