Question

Phone stolen - Trying to order replacement sim but chat not working

• 21 November 2022
  • 11 replies

My phone was stolen so we blocked my sim. I did not activate my id account so I am unable to make one without the phone number but I do have all the necessary information to order a replacement sim car with the same phone number. The live chat is not working and keeps saying failure. How am I meant to order a replacement sim if this feature that I need is not working? Please help!

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Leena Shaikh, have you tried contacting the iD social media customer support team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message), about your iD account and replacement SIM card?

FYI, out-of-hours messages on social media are picked-up when the social media team next start work.

Good luck @Leena Shaikh. 

@andewhite  I cant get into any of those accounts because I don’t have my phone number and the one important email I need for all my accounts requires my phone verification, hence why I have been unable to try that.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Leena Shaikh, you don’t need your phone number to contact iD Mobile privately on facebook, or Twitter.  

The iD agent in the social media customer support team will be able to find your iD account and help you with your phone number.

@andewhite Yes but I need my phone number to get into my twitter and facebook.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oh dear @Leena Shaikh, two-factor sign-in is great when you’ve got your phone but a nightmare if you haven’t.

You can buy a replacement SIM card in-store from Currys, or Carphone Warehouse, for £5 - otherwise you are stuck trying to use the iD live chat service.

Good luck @Leena Shaikh. 
🤞🤞🤞

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @Leena Shaikh,

We’re having a few issues with Live Chat at the moment but our Community Moderator @Mohammed will be in touch with you shortly to help you. 

Alternatively, as @andewhite stated you can purchase a replacement SIM in any Carphone Warehouse in a Currys store for £5. 

Hopefully you get back up and running soon. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

@Nikhil P  Hi just went and bought a replacement sim. How do I activate it?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@Nikhil P  Hi just went and bought a replacement sim. How do I activate it?

In your case, without your own My iD Account online, you’ll need to use the iD live chat service.

Good luck @Leena Shaikh. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @Leena Shaikh,

You can also activate your replacement SIM online - you’ll need access to the email address that is registered with iD Mobile as we’ll send you an OTP. If you’re unable to access your email address @Mohammed or @Kash will be able to assist you. 

Hopefully you get back up and running shortly. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Leena Shaikh,

You can also activate your replacement SIM online - you’ll need access to the email address that is registered with iD Mobile as we’ll send you an OTP.

Thanks,

Nikhil

@Nikhil P, why are there two version of the Activate your replacement SIM page?

1. https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ja/web/cpw/sim-swap
  2. https://my.idmobile.co.uk/cpw/sim-swap

Google Chrome seems to prefer link (1)?

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @andewhite, 

This comes back to the My Account issue you raise earlier (which we’re still looking into). Although both URLs work, and take you through the same process - it appears as though the way you access the page i.e - via the idmobile.co.uk navigation bar or direct determines what URL you see. 

Hope that clears things up a little. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

Why iD Mobile?