Question

pixel 6 pro microphone issues

Hi all, 

Received my new pixel 6 pro just before Christmas and after a few days of it arriving the microphone stopped working. I could hear people on calls but they couldn't hear me. Tried the recorder, nothing. Raised the issue with Google and it is still ongoing. The issue appears to be intermittent but getting worse. I can't even record videos anymore as there's no sound. Google suggested they could send it away for repair which I turned down as at that point it was days old and I requested a replacement handset. Now they appear to be leading me on a wild goose chase and I'm getting nowhere fast - and with a phone I can't use without my buds in. 

Anyone else had issues like this!? I'm starting to lose my mind. 

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Emma Clegg, my son has a Pixel 6 device and it works perfectly.

Maybe it’s an issue with the Pro model.

The vendor should fix or replace your device - whereabouts did you buy your Pixel 6?   

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If ID Mobile supplied the phone on an upgrade or new contract you have a cooling off period. Maybe you’re better off cancelling and returning the handset? I ordered a Pixel 6 from ID Mobile for my son and have no issues with his.

Hello @Emma Clegg, my son has a Pixel 6 device and it works perfectly.

The vendor should fix or replace your device - whereabouts did you buy your Pixel 6?   

It was supplied direct on contract through ID mobile. 

If ID Mobile supplied the phone on an upgrade or new contract you have a cooling off period. Maybe you’re better off cancelling and returning the handset? I ordered a Pixel 6 from ID Mobile for my son and have no issues with his.

Ill get in touch with them I think as I'm getting nowhere with Google. Thanks so much. 🙌

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If it was supplied on a new contract via idmobile.co.uk then you have 30 days to cancel it. You will keep the number as iID Mobile will switch it over to pay go (you keep the sim but return the handset). You could then just order a whole new contract and everything will be brand new again! Good Luck

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Emma Clegg, my son has a Pixel 6 device and it works perfectly.

It was supplied direct on contract through ID mobile. 

Best get back to iD Mobile, as @WelshPaul has suggested.

If it was supplied on a new contract via idmobile.co.uk then you have 30 days to cancel it. You will keep the number as iID Mobile will switch it over to pay go (you keep the sim but return the handset). You could then just order a whole new contract and everything will be brand new again! Good Luck

Just had a very lengthy chat with one of their agents. I got a good deal when I ordered the phone originally and they say they cannot guarantee the same deal again. Finally agreed to exchange the phone but at my cost to return the old handset - not the end of the world I realise, however I've got a brand new defective phone that cannot currently be used as a phone and yet I'm the one running around and being inconvenienced. Ive been sim only for over a year because I was waiting for a phone to come out that I liked and now this has completely taken away that new phone buzz. 🙄

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s strange - how did they (iD) explain it was your responsibility to bear the cost of returning the faulty goods? 

That’s strange - how did they (iD) explain it was your responsibility to bear the cost of returning the faulty goods? 

They didn't. I don't think the point of my frustration was quite getting across. The fact I'm paying for something that in effect doesn't work for the purpose it is designed for and it's a brand new item. I didn't realise I was being so unreasonable to want the deal I agreed to, on a device that works how it's meant to, yet all I've done is send emails and chat to people in a different country. Is it unreasonable to expect something to work when you first get it. And I am being unreasonable not to accept a repair on a 3 day old phone?? 🙈🙈🙈

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Emma Clegg,

Did you manage to get some assistance with this?

If not please let us know and we will look further into this in a Private Message.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?