Question

pixel pro 7 wont recognise SIM card

• 4 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I recently returned from India having installed an ESIM into my phone which I was unable to use, and also having used a hotspot from an Indian phone to access the internet.

My ID mobile SIM stayed in my phone at all times but was not used.

As soon as I got back to the UK I turned my phone on and I was told I didn't have a sim card in my phone although my ID mobile SIM had been there all along.  I took the SIM card out, cleaned it, no luck.  I put it in another phone and it's absolutely fine.

It's nothing to wrong with the SIM card. It's the pixel pro 7 not recognizing it's got a SIM card in it.. I went on the web and I see this is a problem with pixel pro 7s and I'm not the only person to have this issue and I want to get this fixed because it's very annoying. Can anybody out there help?  I think there's a fault with my phone and ID mobile should give me a new one.

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the eSIM in your Pixel handset got marked as the PRIMARY line, @Elizabeth de Mello? 

Now you’re back in the UK, maybe check that your iD SIM card is set as the PRIMARY line, in your Pixel 7 Pro.

🤞

Hiya,

Thanks ever so much for that. 

It just actually doesn't even recognize it's got a SIM card in at all so I can't set it as a primary because it doesn't think it exists. It's just really weird and is grayed out.

Elizabeth 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried to delete the eSIM, @Elizabeth de Mello?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Elizabeth de Mello,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know how you get on with the new SIM card.

If you still have issues, please get back to us and we will do our best to help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?