Solved

Plan Change

• 19 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a plan with This is £6 for 4gb of data. I have applied for a new plan of £6 for 8bg data. I assumed there would just be a change of plan but I have been sent a new SIM card with a new phone number. I wish to retain my existing phone number but cannot get a PAC. How can I just change to the new plan with my existing number please.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 19 February 2024, 18:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like you’ve ordered a new network connection for the iD Mobile network, @Bartle45.

New connections always come with a new number. 

You can only use a PAC to switch your number to another service provider. iD Mobile can’t/won’t switch a number from one iD account to another iD account.

You might need to switch the number want to keep to another provider, then back to the 8GB/month for £6/month plan.

🍀 

Userlevel 1

Many thanks. That is most useful. I seems that the only way round this is to cancel the new contract. Presumably to do this I need to register but to register I need to enter a security code. However this code is sent to my new number but I do not want to activate the new sim card at the risk of loosing my existing old number.

I cannot get through to live chat and there is no email to send a cancelation. How can I cancel my new contract without activating the new number.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not sure how you’d lose your ‘old’ number, @Bartle45

If you’re still within the cooling off period for your new iD network connection, I’d suggest returning your order instead of cancelling - doing the latter might result in an early termination charge.

If you’ve already received the iD SIM card for your £6/month, with an 8GB/month data allowance, the ‘new’ plan is active, and iD Mobile are charging you for the new connection to their mobile network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Bartle45 

Unfortunately as suggested by @andewhite above, it isn’t possible to transfer a number from one iD Mobile account to another iD Mobile account, to keep a number on a new plan we’d recommend upgrading instead of purchasing an entirely new plan.

You may be able to do what’s called a triangle port to move the desired number to another network and then to the new iD Mobile plan, or you may want to return the newly purchased plan in favour of upgrading the existing one.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Many thanks. Most useful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Bartle45 

No worries, let us know if you need help with anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?