Question

Plan price growth by 14% - that's a joke

Userlevel 1

I signed a new contract in November. You decided to increase my bill (as everyone else's signed between November and February) by 14% which is £30.77 from £26.99. I know that's my fault by not reading the contract through carefully enough but it's ridiculous to increase price that much after 4 months. I hope people will consider changing the provider when contract ends, as we shouldn't support such companies.

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JohnJonesIDmobile,

All the information regarding RPI and CPI is outlined in the terms and conditions of the contract which you would have agreed to.

Kash

That's correct.

Nothing on the advertised price and nothing on my receipt email, that screenshot above

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, can’t see the entire email message but are you saying there isn’t any mention or link about CPI price increases in the email or the contract’s terms & conditions?

At the time you ordered from the iD website, was there nothing about the CPI price increases?

The online basket normally shows the following:

It would appear so

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe the website has changed since you bought your iD contract @JohnJonesIDmobile - the CPI price increase is shown nowadays.

Why was this price increase not advertised with the initial cost when I took out my contract??

It was hidden in terms of contract via a link, not up front when I took out the contract?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I’m with SMARTY, zero increase for me! 120 GB a month for £10.80 a month, no minimum term, no minimum duration. I purchased my IPhone 14 Pro on a 12 month interest free payment plan via Amazon! iPhone 14 Pro was £50 less (retail) than purchasing one directly via Apple too.

Userlevel 3
Badge

It is and I shall.

To think I spent time mulling over the options - and now I wish I’d elected for choice B or C!  A smidge more costly at the time, would be considerably cheaper now.  Managed to sway the wife too.  Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but then so is onward custom - or lack thereof.

No patronising links or references needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @DixJoe,

Please let us know if you require further information on RPI and CPI, however you can find the information at the links below:

RPI

CPI

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sadly most UK mobile networks have an annual CPI/RPI + 3.9% uplift in their contracts @DixJoe. It’s not unique to iD Mobile.

At least the iD mobile SIM only contracts don’t currently have annual price increases. 

Why iD Mobile?