Question

Plan price growth by 14% - that's a joke

Userlevel 1

I signed a new contract in November. You decided to increase my bill (as everyone else's signed between November and February) by 14% which is £30.77 from £26.99. I know that's my fault by not reading the contract through carefully enough but it's ridiculous to increase price that much after 4 months. I hope people will consider changing the provider when contract ends, as we shouldn't support such companies.

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sadly most UK mobile networks have an annual CPI/RPI + 3.9% uplift in their contracts @DixJoe. It’s not unique to iD Mobile.

At least the iD mobile SIM only contracts don’t currently have annual price increases. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @DixJoe,

Please let us know if you require further information on RPI and CPI, however you can find the information at the links below:

RPI

CPI

Kash

Userlevel 3
Badge

It is and I shall.

To think I spent time mulling over the options - and now I wish I’d elected for choice B or C!  A smidge more costly at the time, would be considerably cheaper now.  Managed to sway the wife too.  Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but then so is onward custom - or lack thereof.

No patronising links or references needed.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I’m with SMARTY, zero increase for me! 120 GB a month for £10.80 a month, no minimum term, no minimum duration. I purchased my IPhone 14 Pro on a 12 month interest free payment plan via Amazon! iPhone 14 Pro was £50 less (retail) than purchasing one directly via Apple too.

Why was this price increase not advertised with the initial cost when I took out my contract??

It was hidden in terms of contract via a link, not up front when I took out the contract?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe the website has changed since you bought your iD contract @JohnJonesIDmobile - the CPI price increase is shown nowadays.

It would appear so

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, can’t see the entire email message but are you saying there isn’t any mention or link about CPI price increases in the email or the contract’s terms & conditions?

At the time you ordered from the iD website, was there nothing about the CPI price increases?

The online basket normally shows the following:

That's correct.

Nothing on the advertised price and nothing on my receipt email, that screenshot above

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JohnJonesIDmobile,

All the information regarding RPI and CPI is outlined in the terms and conditions of the contract which you would have agreed to.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?