Question

Please enter a valid last name

• 23 April 2022
  • 5 replies

I’ve found a similar question with the search, but I have a space in my last name and removing the space still gives an error.

I looked in the developer console:

1. {errorCode: "E40", errorType: "Business Exception",…}
    1. errorCode"E40"
    2. errorMessage"We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted. Please check that you have provided the correct details and try again."
    3. errorSummary"Incorrect PAC Details Submitted Message - last name incorrect"
    4. errorType"Business Exception"

I tried removing the space, e.g. my last name is “foo bar”, I tried “foobar”, “bar” , none of which work

this is a a really bad experience

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

No idea why you even need to enter a name when porting in with iD Mobile. None of the other networks require a name on a port submission. In fact, the porting process doesn't cross check names. 

also why is there no way to contact customer service directly? only a chat bot!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You get what you pay for. If you want telephone support then dip your hand into your pocket and pay the extra pounds per month for the privalige.

well I was able to chat to a human and resolve it via the complaints page! so that’s good

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I wasn't trying to be a twit (being polite). All this online chat stuff is a pain when things go wrong (due to the timescale turn around), but it is what it is. I'm with Smarty, iD Mobile and Lebara, all of which offer online chat related support only! I know this, it saves me money every month but I also understand the frustration it causes when things go wrong and you need support, and you need it now. 

Anyway, I'm glad that you got things sorted! 👍

Why iD Mobile?