Solved

Please explain the reasons why internal porting is not possible

• 25 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I am baffled as to why you seemingly hold your existing customers with the utmost contempt when they exercise their right to choose the best deal in continuing to be your customer.  Perhaps if you were to give a full range of upgrade phones, people wouldn't decide to create a new account amd then go through the bizarre little dance you inflict on your so-called valued customers in forcing a triangle port on them where we waste your competitors like GiffGaffs time in sending a PAYG sim. 

The fact that your own advisors advise this route rather than providing REAL customer service and just porting it over is just absurd.  As a business customer of a cellular provider this is something I know an internal port a)is  possible b) happens on a daily basis and c) takes any cellular provider 2 minutes to do.

Please can you confirm that's it's not that you can't but you won't, and the actual reasons for this?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 26 January 2023, 10:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

iD Mobile don’t need to explain or justify their reasons for this, it’s all in the “T&C’s”. If you don’t like the way a business operates then you are free to take your business elsewhere. Be warned though, all the UK Mobile networks operate this way.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Number porting is a process introduced by the UK regulator OFCOM, and was designed to facilitate easy switching between mobile network operators, allowing customers to easily switch providers.

As @WelshPaul said, the UK mobile network operators don’t allow a customer to move their number internally.

Anyway good luck @ldma666

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @ldma666,

This has been answered above by both @WelshPaul  and @andewhite 

We don’t support this on our network and I am sorry you weren’t able to process this.

Sorry we couldn’t help further.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?