Question

poor network coverage in E16 area

Even though the network bars on my phone are full there seams to be a problem with the network in E16 area (indoors and outdoors) as I can't make phone calls (they are not going through) or use mobile data. Even if a phone call goes through, the person on the other end can't hear me. 

I haven't come accross the same issue in any other area in UK or abroad.

I've checked the network coverage via your website and I've tried everything else suggested in your help articles - no luck.

My son who also uses ID mobile has the same problem in E16 area.

Please look into it as it's not very convenient and I've never had such an issue with other operators

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you checked for network faults, or other issues affecting the service?

Use your postcode at https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support.

Yes, I have, nothing there

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What other operators have you used in the E16 area?

At any given location, the network coverage (signal) on each of the UK mobile networks is not guaranteed to be the same.

EE, O2, Talk Talk

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @daiga, TalkTalk used to partner with Vodafone, but now partner with O2 for their mobile network infrastructure. I believe EE, O2 and Vodafone all have different mobile network infrastructure for their services, and sounds like one of these 3 companies provide a better service at your location, then iD Mobile (who partner with Three UK for their network).

The network coverage and the data speed will vary due to a number of factors including your location, local geography, congestion, your SIM plan, and the type of device that you are using. 

Sadly, none of the UK mobile network operators guarantee their service will be fault free. Services may be impaired by too many people trying to use the Network, geographical, topographical, atmospheric, or other conditions (including buildings, underpasses and other causes of interference).

🍀

Thanks for explanation, but that really doesn’t solve the issue , does it @andewhite? It’s not even in the countryside, it’s in London, so how can it be that in one particular London area there’s a problem with the network. Clearly ID/Three need to look into it, don’t you think?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m not sure what Three UK can do to fix the signal issue affecting your location @daiga.

It’s unlikely they’ll be installing any new cell masts/towers in your area, as you’re already getting 5-bars on your handset.

iD will need your full postcode to investigate further.

You might have a broken/damaged SIM card, which would also cause the issues you mentioned in your original post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @daiga 

Are you still having issues in this area? How long have you had issues here?

Please could you provide the full postcode(s) where you’ve had issues?

Tom

Yes, I'm still having issues and it's not only one postcode. It's in E16 post code area.

I've already contacted ID mobile via Facebook Messanger and have given detailed account over the issue and they said that they are looking into the matter

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @daiga 

Glad to hear that our social media team are looking into this for you, please keep in touch there.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?