Question

Poor Signal

• 22 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi there,

When I started my contract I made sure I had signal at work (says 4g both indoor and outdoor and 5g outdoor) I have checked with 3 there is no maintenance and no issues in my area they also say i have signal here.

However ever since I started my contact I have been unable to use mobile data indoors or outside at all at this location, cant even load google.

This is the same on two phones and works other places when i have full bars but ether the map is wrong and my area isn't covered by you or there is something wrong on your end. 

My postcode is OX1 3UQ, i put a call in may/june last year and told there were planned works, no works have been carried out and nothing is planned on three or your website.

My question is this going to actually be resolved anytime soon or shall I look elsewhere for my phone services?

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The network status checker suggests works at your OX1 postcode have been completed, @roanbp.

Unfortunately, the online coverage checker just shows theoretical coverage, predicted for a given location, based on computer modelling. Actual signal reception, at a given location, could be better or worse than forecast by these models. 

The https://mastdata.com website has real coverage data, for many locations in the UK.

Oh, I moved to ID due to your signal checker saying I would have signal. If it's not accurate why isn't it updated? I can only assume because if people saw the actual coverage then they wouldn't move to you. 

Okay as you lied about the coverage in my area why am I supposed to do?

I feel I am paying for a product that I am not receiving.

If that website has the real data why are you not using it for your coverage map?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @roanbp, I’m just a forum member like yourself. 

Like most online coverage checkers from the UK mobile operators, the iD Mobile online coverage checker has caveats below the coverage results, stating: 

Although we try to make these coverage results as accurate as possible, the information is only a guide. It doesn't guarantee availability in a particular location. The roll out plans are updated regularly and may change over time.

The contracts from iD Mobile have a cooling off time-period, so you can return your purchase if coverage is not satisfactory.

My bad sorry didn't realise and shouldn't have direct that at you. The app you sent shows 0 signal in my building but there scanner says max apparently, just feels massively like scam/fraud 😥

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The iD WiFi Calling service might help with no signal in your building, @roanbp

Is there a Wi-Fi network available in your building? 

I rely on WiFi Calling at my location, which is a mobile not-spot.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @roanbp,

Welcome to the Community!

Does the coverage improve outside of your building?

If you have a compatible handset and Wi-Fi you should be able to use the Wi-Fi calling feature.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?