Question

Port number to Lebara not working

• 5 November 2022
  • 1 reply

I decided to join Lebara after about 4 years with idmobie as I was suddenly getting no signal in my house .. Everything had been fine for several years, but I couldn’t put up with  the lack of signal .. who could?

I got a Lebara SIM, but thought I had to give idMobile 30 days notice, to prevent me paying a month for nothing.

I waited about 27 days, then on 31 October put my new Lebara SIM in my phone (Nokia) and provided the new network with the PAC code

I guessed it might take a day or so to get everything working … i got a text saying the port would be on the 2nd November

Still, today (5 days later) I can make calls and texts, but can receive either. 

I’ve been on the Lebara chat line three times already now and twice i was told to wait another 24 hours and today I was told to wait u ntil Monday, as some ‘team’ doesn’t work at weekends.

It’ll be 7 days without a proper phone, assuming it gets fixed on Monday.

OR .. MAYBE I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING TO GET IT SORTED

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @wbmkk, if you can make calls & send texts using your Lebara SIM but, CANNOT receive calls, nor texts, then it sounds like your port wasn’t completed properly - it’s called a split-port.

The OFCOM rules for number porting on mobile networks state the gaining service provider (i.e. Lebara) is 100% responsible for getting the number port completed on time and correctly.

If Lebara accepted your iD Mobile PAC before 5pm on Monday 31-Oct-2022, then the port should have been completed the following day (i.e. 01-Nov-2022). 

If Lebara accepted your iD Mobile PAC AFTER 5pm on Monday 31-Oct-2022, then the port should have been completed on Wednesday (i.e. 02-Nov-2022).

FYI, if you use a PAC to move your number from one provider to another, this will automatically lead to your old provider’s account being closed.

Good luck @wbmkk.  

Why iD Mobile?