Solved

Port switch done and I cannot receive calls or Texts

Userlevel 1

I switched from Plusnet to ID with my exisiting mobile number . The port switch was carried out yesterday. Since then I cannot receive calls or texts. I can call out and send texts.

Should you call me it will got straight to the previous newtworks provider.

My phone is showing the correct telephone number.

I have reset networks

I have reset the phone

HELP PLEASE

icon

Best answer by Tom 9 August 2023, 17:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like a split port @Gryff.

Is your old plusnet SIM card is still active? 

In this situation I’d contact iD customer service using Facebook Messenger, Twitter (X) DM, or as a last resort the iD live chat.

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.
🤞

Userlevel 1

talking to them now. This is quite poor really. It takes time to contact you lot which i do not have. My mother is gravely ill in hospital and i am now uncontactable. I will be making a complaint.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry to hear about your circumstances @Gryff - I’m just a forum member like you, and know from experience how very frustrating it can be dealing with iD Mobile when something has gone wrong. 

Userlevel 1

oh sorry buddy. didn’t meant to be unappreciative like that to a forum member, just disappointed in ID in what is usually a seamless process.

Thank you for the advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Gryff 

I’m sorry to hear this, I believe we’ve been in contact about this via social media, please continue contact there so we can assist further.

If I’m wrong or you’d prefer assistance here, please let us know so we can get in touch.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Ive been told by your online chat people to try again after 1800hrs. We will see if that works or not.

At oresent I have put my old plusnet sim back in as it will take calls but not out. Not ideal but better than not being contactable.

Not a great start by ID o be honest and if it is not working by this evening I will cancel the contract.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not a great start by ID o be honest and if it is not working by this evening I will cancel the contract.

Just a small point @Gryff, but I’d suggest you cancel your ORDER, in order to avoid any early termination fee, and in order to be able to transfer your number away from iD - if you decide on this course.

If you cancel your contract, your mobile number might be disconnected after the notice period and recycled into a pool of mobile numbers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Just a small point @Gryff, but I’d suggest you cancel your ORDER, in order to avoid any early termination fee, and in order to be able to transfer your number away from iD - if you decide on this course.

If you cancel your contract, your mobile number might be disconnected after the notice period and recycled into a pool of mobile numbers.

@andewhite  you can’t cancel an order if it’s been fulfilled/delivered. A return of the contract needs to be done.

An order is only able to be cancelled if it’s in the stage of picking/sent for dispatch or delivery

If it’s in picking. we can cancel the order which happens immediately. 

Or we can request for the items to be returned via DPD and mark as returned on our system once received (if it has been picked).

If the order has been fulfilled, then the customer would need to contact us to return the purchase and this is classed as a return of the contract.

For iD purchases this is 30-days as we offer 30-day returns.

For Currys/Mobiles.co.uk etc it’s 14-days and the customer would contact the retailer.

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks for this information, @Mohammed

At least the online FAQ makes clear the difference between cancel and return.

👍

Userlevel 1

Problem all resolved. It was high demand but no notice had been given for the delay.

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess as plusnet mobile close down, they’ll be issuing lots of PAC information.
Perhaps plusnet mobile simply don’t have enough staff to deal with the volume of port out requests. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Gryff,

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

Please get back to us via the Community if you require assistance in the future.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?