Question

Port switch xompleted but old number cut off and ID Mobile number kept instead

• 12 September 2023
  • 21 replies

I requested to keep my old number and today is switch day. Now my old number has been cut off and the new ID mobile wors instead. Can this be reversed? I want my old number, as requested.

This topic has been closed for comments

21 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Number transfers may not be properly completed until 10pm on the date of transfer @Dee alex24.

Thank you. I have since done a live chat and they confirmed it is in progress and is scheduled to complete at 6pm. However I have now lost service on the number I want to keep, which is a bit of a pain because usually it all happens at the same time. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like you’ve be lucky in the past @Dee alex24.

I’ve often switched service providers and ported my mobile number, but it has never happened immediately. 

I’ve always had a time-period without service after my old provider’s SIM became inactive, and before the number I wanted to keep started working with my new provider’s SIM. 

When I transfered my number to iD Mobile, I had no service for about 5-hours and the transfer was completed at around 3pm.

Really? That's interesting. I've never had a delay like that. I've actually just finished a couple in recent weeks as well, for the kids and again I never had a period without service. Good to know though, because that's why I thought there was an issue. I was panicking I had lost the number. It's for my son (17), you can imagine the drama if I told him his number had been lost 😂

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Really? That's interesting. I've never had a delay like that. I've actually just finished a couple in recent weeks as well, for the kids and again I never had a period without service. Good to know though, because that's why I thought there was an issue. I was panicking I had lost the number. It's for my son (17), you can imagine the drama if I told him his number had been lost 😂

Yeah @Dee alex24, I can imagine that would indeed be quite a drama. 
🍀

Userlevel 1

Same happened to me where the old number has gone dead and not transferred. First time I have done this process and assumed it would be a slick process but it is clearly not.

Has yours now transferred over? Mine still hasn't this morning, even after I was told on the live chat, it would be 6pm last night. 

Userlevel 1

Hi. No it hasn't sadly. I was told 6pm last night now told to wait another 48 hours and chase them up then. Not filled with confidence by this at all.

Wonderful! 😒 I'm just about to do another live chat, I'm sure I will be told the same. 

Userlevel 1

My port request was to be completed yesterday. Old no and service has been disconnected by previous supplier yet number has not transfered to iD

Userlevel 1

Looks like we are all in the same boat. Hopefully we will get some answers from iD about what has gone wrong.

It's a bit odd. I've never had a port switch where I've been disconnected without service for a period of time. Its always just happened  at the same time. I ported my own number from Lebara to ID last week and it was smooth sailing. This one is for my son, and he is not amused 😬

Userlevel 1

Yep I am pretty grumpy about it too since am expecting calls from recruiters. The fact this has happened to 3 people suggests the issue lies with ID mobile.

Userlevel 1

Just been informed to wait 48hrs while technical look into it. not a happy bunny

Userlevel 1

Shocking and disgusting. Apparently it was a 'problem with the exchange files'.

I was told the same and the window for me to chase them again after their 48 hours has expired opens after 6pm Thursday. Will keep everyone posted.

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue. Number ported out from old provider a couple of hours ago and not yet activated with idmobile. 

Userlevel 1

Mine has now switched over. Thanks ID mobile 😀.

Userlevel 1

Mine has now switched over. Thanks iD mobile.

Userlevel 1

Whoop whoop it’s sorted 

Looks like mine is sorted too!! Thank god!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Dee alex24 @PACnotworking @Tony Hughes,

I’m sorry to hear that there was a delay but it’s good to hear that it is resolved.

@SteveC3 did you still require assistance or did your port complete?

Kash

Why iD Mobile?