Question

Porting a phone number

• 2 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I am due to switch over from O2 to ID on 5th June. When I completed the form I input my PAC number however I had an email to provide me with a new number. My queries are as follows:

1. I assume this is just an automated thing and il still be able to keep my number?
  2. When I try and register on the app, it says to use my ported number but it says the details cannot be recognised? Do I wait until 5th June and register then? 
    3. When I go on the website and try to use the PAC code again to keep my number it says there was an error, maybe due to this already being in the process?

Just worried I won’t be able to keep my number and I go abroad on 6th June. Ahhh! If anyone knows the above, do kindly let me know please ☺️ thank you x

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD will send you a new active ready to use iD SIM card, with a mobile number (which isn’t the number you want keep).

You said your number is scheduled to be transferred to iD (from O2) on 5th June.
FYI, on your transfer day it can take up to 10pm to get the switch completed. 

A PAC can only be submitted once, and you gave your PAC to iD Mobile at the point-of-purchase.

Good luck @Ellis Humble

Thank you so much, il just be patient! ☺️ x

iD will send you a new active ready to use iD SIM card, with a mobile number (which isn’t the number you want keep).

You said your number is scheduled to be transferred to iD (from O2) on 5th June.
FYI, on your transfer day it can take up to 10pm to get the switch completed. 

A PAC can only be submitted once, and you gave your PAC to iD Mobile at the point-of-purchase.

Good luck @Ellis Humble

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Also, worth noting number transfers are not immediate.
There’s likely to a period of time between your old O2 SIM becoming inactive, and the number you want to keep working with your iD SIM.

When I transferred my number to iD, I had no mobile service for around 5-hours on the transfer day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ellis Humble 

I think @andewhite has you covered for all the information here, let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks for the help here, @andewhite.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?