Question

Porting away delays

• 27 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there, 

Apologies in advance if this post comes across as ever so slightly ‘ranty’ but I’m not sure what else to do having exhausted all other avenues. 

On Saturday the 18th of November I requested my PAC code from ID mobile to port away, the same day I provided this to my new provider who commenced the port on Tuesday the 21st of November. This is a process I’ve completed numerous times and generally this only takes a couple of hours. 

At this moment in time (Monday the 27th of November) the port is still ongoing. Some calls/SMS are routed to my new suppliers SIM, and others to my ID mobile SIM. I keep having to switch out SIM cards to pick up the latest calls and messages. I spoke with someone on the complaints live chat who assured me my ID mobile SIM card has been disconnected and is no longer in service. This isn’t the case, it’s fully online, I receive (some) calls and SMS and have access to 4G data.

My new supplier has assured me that ID mobile have not provided them all of the necessary porting files. This is having a detrimental impact on my day-to-day life, I’m missing calls from my son’s school, I can’t pick up calls from my family. I have raised a formal complaint but seem to be getting nowhere. 

Has anyone else had similar issues porting in or out? Are there any other avenues I can explore to get a resolution to what feels like this never ending port? 

I was only leaving because I moved and ID had poor coverage at my new house, I thought it would be a quick and simple process like every other time I’ve done this! I just need to get into contact with someone that can help resolve this. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @halo123,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry for the delay with the port.

It sounds like there has been a file exchange delay.

We would advise that you contact the new network and they will work with the relevant department on our end to get this resolved.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?