Solved

Porting Issue

Hi there

I've left Vodafone to join ID, I've received the text from ID to say port has been completed last Friday 14th July but since then I've not been. Able to receive calls or texts 

If someone rings sounds 2 beeping nosies and a says invalid number so but I can ring and text out all of which shows my ported number so its just the receive call and text I'm having issues with any advise before I can cancel my contract has I'm still in cooling of period 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 18 July 2023, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Ian Hollister,

This sounds like an issue with routing which we need to raise to correct.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Hi, this sounds like the issue I am having.

I switched to ID mobile from Vodafone last Thursday - the switch should have took place on Friday.

Nobody can call or text me. I am only able to receive calls from other ID network users. So it’s seems as though it’s a routing issue.

I have tried to contact Vodafone directly, they advise that the number has ported over successfully. Even if there was a problem, this needs to be escalated by ID mobile.

I really need this resolved as soon as possible, not sure if ID mobile have already escalated this.

your help is appreciated

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, this sounds like the issue I am having.

I switched to ID mobile from Vodafone last Thursday - the switch should have took place on Friday.

Nobody can call or text me. I am only able to receive calls from other ID network users. So it’s seems as though it’s a routing issue.

I have tried to contact Vodafone directly, they advise that the number has ported over successfully. Even if there was a problem, this needs to be escalated by ID mobile.

I really need this resolved as soon as possible, not sure if ID mobile have already escalated this.

your help is appreciated

iD staff have posted elsewhere in this forum that their replies could take 72-hours. The forum isn’t live chat. 

It does appear the port has gone wrong, and iD are indeed 100% responsible for getting the port completed within 1-working day. I think I’d contact iD support using Facebook Messenger or Twitter (X) DM in this situation - the agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sab992 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I transferred from vodaphone to ID mobile about 4 weeks ago. It seems I have a partial.port which I have had to find out about myself because nobody at ID mobile or Currys is interested. I am very angry and frustrated

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @alastairSim 

Sorry to hear this, could you let us know what you mean by a partial port?

What services have you had issues with?

Are you on an iPhone or Android?

Tom

I'm on Android. Partial port means that only other ID mobile users can phone or text me. Anyone using a landline or different network gets a message saying the this number is not in use. I had a message on Tuesday saying that the tech support team were dealing with my complaint but that it could take up to 7 working days to resolve, which is pretty shocking service in my opinion 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @alastairSim,

Would you like us to check this out for you to see if there are any updates?

If so, please get back to us here.

Kash

Hi Kash,

That depends on who you are and how you could check it out?

Thanks 

Alastair

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @alastairSim,

I’m an iD Employee and we can check the situation with your port if you are having issues.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?